What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Here's one that I should have bought when it came out, but in the end simply glad to have. Thanks Jeff!

49430724222_d9bb9b1902_k.jpg

Now, where in the heck is D Duckdog ? I don’t think he’s posted since his last deer hunt!

Ask and you shall receive. My hunting hiatus went from end of deer season (empty handed) into duck season (been lucky so far) and now it bleeds into rabbit season. I'm glad to be back on the Porch and am totin' these two today - Case and Cunningham.

4m1T5Nn.jpg

And wearing pants.
- Stuart

You know that I like Stag , but my eyes go to Ol Red . The more new knives that come out , the better Ol Red looks . The pocket wear just makes them look better as this picture of my Ol Red Clip ( carried a lot ) and his brother Ol Red Sheepfoot ( almost never carried ) shows .

Now I have to go and get Ol Red Clip to carry today .

Harry
You and I are on the same page my friend! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Ask and you shall receive. My hunting hiatus went from end of deer season (empty handed) into duck season (been lucky so far) and now it bleeds into rabbit season. I'm glad to be back on the Porch and am totin' these two today - Case and Cunningham.

4m1T5Nn.jpg

And wearing pants.
- Stuart
Stuart it’s great to see you my friend! :) That a versatile pair your totin today! :thumbsup:

Yes please, pictures of the knife in-use. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for asking, John!
This is a Telecaster scratch built copy I’m building for my son. Poor kid only has a Gibson SG, and everybody needs at least one Tele! Body is chambered African mahogany with a flamed maple top that came out of the rack at Menards.
The neck is another piece of nicely flamed hard maple from the same source.
Installing a two way truss rod, which requires a fatter cut at the last two inches. After carefully drilling that out, the razor sharp coping blade on my whittler was perfect for cleaning that up.View attachment 1270687

4m1T5Nn.jpg

And wearing pants.
- Stuart

Glad you’re back, and wearing pants, my friend!

Thanks for asking, John!
This is a Telecaster scratch built copy I’m building for my son. Poor kid only has a Gibson SG, and everybody needs at least one Tele! Body is chambered African mahogany with a flamed maple top that came out of the rack at Menards.
The neck is another piece of nicely flamed hard maple from the same source.
Installing a two way truss rod, which requires a fatter cut at the last two inches. After carefully drilling that out, the razor sharp coping blade on my whittler was perfect for cleaning that up.View attachment 1270687
Well done, and thanks for posting the pictures.
I have to live vicariously through you wood workers, since I have no aptitude for it. ;)

I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:
Looks like the Wright thing to do, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with the little peanut Case in stag.;):thumbsup:
You can carry that peanut with pride, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great Wednesday! :)
Osage orange and ebony is a wondrous Wednesday combo, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Call me "provincial", but I'm always pleased to see your Michigan-based Olsens, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I decided to re-profile this Bolus to 30 degrees inclusive, my preferred edge angle for folders. What a chore that was :eek:. Well worth the effort, it is a heck of a slicer now (it was pretty good before). Like most things just needed a bit of patience.
Good-looking pair, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Case pakawood and I believe the Camillus is clad in cocobolo, on some teak chairs I refinished. For wooden Wednesday of course
Impressive collection of wood products, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Warmer weather Wooden Wednesday carry.
Fabulous knife and pic, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary. I've had that "you snooze, you lose" happen to me several times!
I'm sorry to hear that, GT. Keep huntin'. :)
Thanks, guys; it comes with the territory. ;)

Tommy Gann checkered ebony copperhead trapper...think it was sold on here back in 2012 ish I caught it up for sale on a different forum I read from time to time... The hidden joint make it great in the pocket! View attachment 1270223
Checkered scales are SO attractive, and that ebony is amazing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Barrett. :)
Expect to see a lot more of it. There's no turning back now...
Wow, John, you didn't waste any time getting a patina going once you decided to make that Harness Jack a user! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Jigged & smooth bone combo are my knives for today. Klass whittler and a Rough Rider mini trapper.View attachment 1270276
Cool couple of knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is the RR smooth tobacco bone?

Today I carried a Case Bone Stag duo: Case teardrop and Case 83 whittler.

View attachment 1270218
Notable pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Joshua, your family must play a much more competitive, cutthroat version of Crazy Eights than we used to play! :eek::D I don't think we EVER had our knives out for card games!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Silver Alox is so nice.
Thanks, Harvey. There's no question that I have a chronic case of Alox Pox! :)
Your stag I*XL lambsfoot is such a memorable knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks a lot Gary!!! I do think they are both American icons and probably the most recognizable in the US! :)
Thanks for sharing your opinion on my idle question, JJ. :)
Your S&M duo is Sublime & Magical! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I WOULD be carrying this, if it hadn't been lost in the post en route back to the USA for re-handling job:( Just hoping that by posting it, it turns up;) Fingers crossed...
Sorry to read that such a nice folder has disappeared in the mail, Will :thumbsdown::(; I'll join you in hoping that it comes to light soon!

What a ravishing pen knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: What model is that, and what size?

Today in my pocket an extraordinary knife, Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot ram’s horn scales, worked back and stainless steel.;):thumbsup:
I'm always astounded by the "inner glow" of that one, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm going to keep riding with the Harness Jack...
You've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle ...;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary! :) As Steven would say “I’m back.....I’m back in the saddle again!” :thumbsup: ;)
:):thumbsup::)
You're riding high with your stag lambsfoot and saw cut redbone 77 Barlow, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your gleaming white office knife is cool, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I have one from Keen Kutter but it's quite yellowed with age.

Rather than just totin it to show off here:D, I will likely (are you sitting down?) actually need this whittler for it’s intended purpose today!!!:eek:
If so, pics will follow.View attachment 1270486View attachment 1270489
Handsome pair of knives, Jeff, and it was cool to see how you used the whittler on your Telecaster project! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

A classic, and rightfully so. Great knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for taking the time to mention it, John. :)

This is my pocket coverage for today.
View attachment 1270506
A red theme today, Case Sway Back Gent in Red bone and CV steel and Case Slimline Trapper in Old Red bone.

View attachment 1270603
When I see a photo of a single bright red Case, I usually think that the color isn't really my style. But seeing several such knives together, like the trio and duo you gents have posted, gets a powerful rojo mojo going that's kind of hard to resist! :rolleyes::cool::cool:

Now that is a stockman, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) I don't really need another 6347, but I would like a Rogers jigged walnut example, and if I could eventually find that on a 6347, I wouldn't complain! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks Gary, yes it is :thumbsup:

Great carries for the week !
Thanks for the confirmation and the compliment, Steve! :):thumbsup:

These two for me today, a day late for Wooden Wednesday :)
...www woodforest national bank com
That's superb wood for ANY day of the week, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

And wearing pants.
- Stuart
You're quite a "fashion-forward" guy, Stuart! :D Welcome back! That's intriguing handle material on your fixed blade! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs thanks! Always appreciate your comments! That cv sowbelly is quite the beautie! Sure wish the weather was as nice as the background of that picture;):D
Back to these two today! This is really starting to become my preferred carry
I can see why that pair could grab your attention on a regular basis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words. The sowbelly pic is from Lake Huron in August; that sure appeals to me more than the 8-10 inches of snow we picked up last weekend with frozen slush underneath!

- GT

Last edited:
Back