What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

New to me ca. 1948 Queen #10 in Rogers bone. Still has factory edges and great snap.
BEnFALy.jpg
Beautiful bone on that Queen. Nice pick-up. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm sitting here having my lentil and ham soup for lunch.
I don't know what you're talkin' about...
I'd kill for some of my Grandma's old homemade lentil and ham soup!!!

Sick boy and not feeling so well myself = working from home today.
Hope you both start feeling better. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Went with a Case today...
That brown sawcut Barlow is appealing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today felt like a Nieto type of day.
Neat pivot on your Nieto! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a similar knife:
mz.wood.mark.open.jpg

Thanks, GT. The handle is maple burl and giraffe bone with copper and red G 10 spacers.
- Stuart
W:eek:W! That's a heck of a handle! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back!
6Ez0y3A.gif
Your Bugs and Daffy battle was the perfect welcome back for Stuart! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As I go riding merrily along... ;):thumbsup:
You can get a Gene Autry knife, you know! ;):cool::cool:

Thank you for your complements and likes!

It's a 06247 model, 8 dots 1972, 3 7/8 long. 2 blades on a single spring, it's very pocket friendly. I got it as unused condition. Very nice! I'm carrying it quite often and a patina is developing on it now. I have some 6347's 3 blade Stockman, there is always one secondary never gets used. So this time, I go for 2 blades.
... But today the other half of my Christmas shopping, a 3-dot Case 06247PEN. It is really super!
I didn't even realize that these 6247 pen knives existed, and now here are TWO of them! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Another beguiling knife to add to the wish list. :)

To be completely honest, we weren't quite playing at the moment I snapped the picture. We were waiting on several stragglers to join us so we could begin. I don't think I could hold my cards and my knife and play successfully (though that sounds like the makings of a country song--"Held onto my blade, while he cut the deck / He said 'Are you in, fella', and I said, 'what the heck!")
Pure poetry, Joshua! :D:cool::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs
How do you like that Rite Edge Barlow?
The one I had was pretty nice. No blatant flaws, or defects at any rate.
I'm pretty sure I gave it to a friend who needed a good, nothing fancy work knife.
"Someday" I might get another one.
Seems to me to be a solid knife, although I'm not a huge fan of the Barlow pattern.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Sowbelly Stockman for the win, in part because of that fabulous background. The Klaas mini canoe is a beaut.
Thanks for your remarks, Harvey. :)
Captivating checkering on the handles of your French knife, and I hope the Rodgers is as desirable as that CCC! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (Took me a while to figure out what "DDC" was. ;))

Thank you very kindly x 2, Gary!!!
Awesome four you have today; great photos, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your support, JJ. :)
Those vintage synthetic jacks you posted are dandy! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I always enjoy seeing your multiple carries Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks pal, another great line-up there :thumbsup:
Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, along with an Old Friend today :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Enchanting handles on your scratted bone Ancient TC Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I intend to try something "along those lines" on one of my wood-clad knives (maybe a MAM), and have some sketches of possibilities on my desk. But I have yet to "gird up my loins" and actually put pencil/saw/file to wood. :(

For Old Friends Friday.
Always a treat to see that rehabbed Böker USA whittler, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning everyone! :) I’m going with two SFO’s this morning. I’ve got one from Mike and one from Jack! :thumbsup:
The matching "coffee with cream" covers on that pair is very fetching, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Pairing up the hotshot rookie with a grizzled old vet today.
This Camp knife is sort of a “Missing Link” knife. I have a couple of cattle knives with the brand/tang stamp High Carbon. I was fairly certain they were made by Camillus for Sears, and this one makes that connection. High Carbon tang stamp, and Craftsman blade etch.
I don’t really “need” to carry it since my daily Wenger is in my lfp as always, but what’s “need” have to do with it?View attachment 1271136
Pair of gems, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, much appreciated. Nice carries, but I especially like that big RR :thumbsup:

These two for today. There is a knife show in town tomorrow, I am meeting a few members for breakfast before the show....
Two new acquisitions for me today. The Remington scout is 1918 - 1932 per the seller. It looks brand new, it is certainly unused. The near-matching federal shields are just a happy accident :).
Thanks for the compliment on my RR folding hunter, Tom. :)
Congrats on the stag sowbelly and the antique Remington scout!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Knife show finds?

Slowly getting ready for the day (dog's waiting for his walk).
Oddly, I get more "LIKES" when it appears that I am pant-less. Go figure.
- Stuart
"Charity likes", no doubt; I'm intimately familiar with the concept! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is the contents of My Tube :D Arrived today and pocketed today :cool: Sorry for the shoddy picture but it's dark already.
Very handsome half-congress, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Camillus US Army Air Corp. Utility

aVkX3H4.jpg
Schrade Walden Junior Cattle knife today
L8IYimX.jpg
I sure admire the bone on most of your knives, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
That Schrade is what I think of when I hear "peach seed"!

Just got this one in the mail, I'll be fondling it all night :D
Congrats on the inspiring stag Churchill! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1271495

Newly acquired G. Ibberson, Sheffield.
View attachment 1271496
That ruler knife is a joy, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I enjoy your small, medium, large triplets! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Even though it's Stagurday, I'm carrying double jigged bone.
That 6375 is an absolute monster! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are headed to big bad Texas this weekend for a BJEC race, so I took a SW 881 Texas pattern stockman along with my usual 884.

View attachment 1271694 View attachment 1271693

These knives are identical in practical terms. Same size, same blades. The 881's blades are nearly full, which shows the amount of love the 884 has had.
Nice comparison shots that confirm my preference for round bolsters! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always nice to se the Valley Jack. Hope it brings you joy through the week. :):thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)
Sweet "lambcliffe" mini trapper with the Orvis shield! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Decided to put a little sunshine in my pocket on this gloomy, rainy/snowy Michigan day!
6btfK6h.jpg
Notable pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I didn't realize you were in Michigan. I'm from Grand Rapids.

Thank you, Gary. I think you have some red in your future. The nice thing about them is if you drop it in the woods, it is easy to find.

Another nice group, Gary. :thumbsup:
Case jigged Rosewood slimline trapper and my Case Texas Jack (which sneaks into my pocket when I'm not looking).

View attachment 1271906
Thanks for the kind remarks, Dean. :)
Winning pair of Cases for you! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful knives and very good pictures, Gary.;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :)
I can say the same about your classic stag GEC #73! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Took my sailors knife and my oldest knife to see an even older relic. They are sitting on the keel of the American civil war ironclad C.S.S. Nuese,looking from the stern towards the bow.
More pics to follow in another thread;):thumbsup:
Intriguing shot, David, and I enjoyed that other thread! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nothing exotic today.
Maybe not exotic, but exquisite nonetheless, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Straight edge Saturdays?
View attachment 1271986
Dapper duo, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Mostly this today:
Case smooth bone trapper. Just opened the end of a cigar with it.
I don't often carry a full-sized trapper, but I sure enjoy looking at them, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Valley Jack is a beautiful Lambsfoot Gary! :thumbsup: :D
I'm grateful for you writing that, Ron. :)
Your stag Ashley's Choice lambsfoot and stag Case Barlow are a stellar pair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

At work under florescent's, so not the best lighting for this superbly built 62:thumbsup: Just amazing fit and finish and melts into your pocket:cool:
ErwbZZ.jpg
Boy , those look nice !!!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: It is hard to keep from getting one . The color and the jigging are great . I am just saving up for one of the last one of the 62's on the schedule .

Harry

I don't know what you're talkin' about...
I'd kill for some of my Grandma's old homemade lentil and ham soup!!!
I do make a pretty good lentil and ham soup, John! That beef bourguignon looked mighty good though!

Overcast day today, waiting for the sun to bring out the color. Couldnt leave this one at home today

p58sLcb.jpg

I don't think there's a reason to ever leave that at home...

Sick boy and not feeling so well myself = working from home today.

oxCYFPE.jpg
I feel your pain, sick kids are never fun, at least you can work from home. Hopefully you both get over it quickly.1580252495232253931680.jpg
I'm sure I've worn out posting the douk douk, but that's my normal carry. Thought I'd shake things up and show it with one of the dogs, I'll try to get one with the beagle next time we're out chasing bunnies.

Always a treat to see that rehabbed Böker USA whittler, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, Gary. It was one of my first blade grinding, shield scrimming projects and I was insufferably proud of myself. :D
That 6375 is an absolute monster! :eek::thumbsup:
It is a monster, although somewhat accentuated by perspective in that photo. ;)

This easy pocket congress unicorn is in my pocket. I thought I was over thinking a knife is "too pretty to use" but I'm struggling. I'll cut something with it tomorrow, I'm sure.
7FKgy8p.jpg

BNozPsT.jpg

--8<--snipped-->8--
I didn't even realize that these 6247 pen knives existed, and now here are TWO of them! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Another beguiling knife to add to the wish list. :)
--8<--snipped-->8--
- GT
Thanks Gary! I didn't know they existed either although that isn't saying much. I ran across it by pure accident.

The matching "coffee with cream" covers on that pair is very fetching, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm grateful for you writing that, Ron. :)
Your stag Ashley's Choice lambsfoot and stag Case Barlow are a stellar pair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you for the compliments Gary! :) I meant what I said about Valley Jack my friend! :thumbsup:

Back