What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

When I was a kid, the McLaren F1 was one of, if not THE fastest production car. I was partial to the look of the older Ferrari 288 myself.

I was a senior in HS the year those came out. Amazing car but expensive to own. I still love those. I love the 288’s also. I like pretty much all of them. 50k for tire changes ok the f1 for example. I can explain that cost out of this thread if need be lol.

Yikes! It's Sunday bedtime already, I'll be loading up a new assignment of knives for the week tomorrow morning, and I still haven't posted all of the past week's knives yet! :eek:
Watch Pocket Knife for the past week has been what Rough Rider calls a dogleg mini canoe:
dogleg.minicanoe.mark.1open.jpg

Big Knife of the Week has been a Buck 4" clip/spey toothpick:
toothpick.big.mark.open.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this past week has been a Belknap Blue Grass Barlow:
belknap.mark.2open.lagoon.jpg

Peanut-ish Knife for the past week has been a Frost/Miller Bros stag mini copperhead (it's a crummy knife :():
mch.mark.wayopen.back.jpg

- GT

I really like this little "whittle scout" from Catt; nice for a Sunday. :)
Thank you JJ. Your whittle scout is the Catts’ meow. Excellent image.

@Amir Fleschwund - Fine images of your beautiful knives, Jeff.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. You have a leg up, knife wise, with the RR dogleg.

@Gevonovich - Mesmerizing image of your Barlow, Gev.

@Jack- Nice Okapi, Jack.

@Aryan29 - Thank you for my inclusion in your list. Honored. Your knives and images are always top drawer.

Last edited:
J. Rodgers&Sons, Sheffield, full Congress.
011F04B1-45F0-49F2-862A-6BC35CEF1F3F.jpeg

Slatter/Venture Lamb Foot, Sheffield
24B1D307-D2D5-4E0B-B2AC-23E2597B235D_zps1j75kwuc.jpeg

You've been a great contributor yourself. I love the Laguioles and Bucks you frequently post. (And you have nice modern knives too!)

Some Rodgers bone today, Queen and Kutmaster

h5GshIL.jpg

Pretty fine pair, Steve. Love the "matching" covers - that's hard to do. I know.

Morning Porch Dwellers. Coffee's ready! *yawn*

EiQgO5e.jpg

Yep, that's a very comfortable and useful knife. What it should be! Also, that one looks great.

New to me today. Love how it fits in my watch pocket and looks sleek too!
r2SWzrH.jpg

That's nice.

Um, hum!

I'm intrigued by the blade combination for that toothpick. Larger ones might get a dehooking/scaler blade as a fish knife, but this regular toothpick gets two useful blades.

View attachment 1299009

Stunning still life, Harvey.

@Aryan29 Thanks for the kind thoughts, though, I have to apologize to the other folks lumped with me in your generous compliment. I am but a dung beetle on this Sisyphean slope of a thread. There are some true champions of knife-dom here and I'm glad that I can sit on the Porch with them.
- Stuart

Thanks JJ, nice Sunday choice my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Jack!!!
Mammoth post GT! :eek: Yes, they look very similar (though operate slightly differently if I recall). I got one of the Kudus when CS first brought them out, didn't keep it long, I like my fingers too much :eek: Thanks buddy :D :thumbsup:

eu13RIk.jpg
Very cool father/son pair of Okapi knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yikes! It's Sunday bedtime already, I'll be loading up a new assignment of knives for the week tomorrow morning, and I still haven't posted all of the past week's knives yet! :eek:
Watch Pocket Knife for the past week has been what Rough Rider calls a dogleg mini canoe:
dogleg-minicanoe-mark-1open-jpg.1298996

toothpick-big-mark-open-jpg.1298997

belknap-mark-2open-lagoon-jpg.1298999

Peanut-ish Knife for the past week has been a Frost/Miller Bros stag mini copperhead (it's a crummy knife :():
mch-mark-wayopen-back-jpg.1299000
Fantastic four today Gary; your Buck two-blade toothpick is very cool as other than a "fish knife" I'm not sure I've seen 2 blades on that frame!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Your whittle scout is the Catts’ meow. Excellent image.
Thank you very much, Harvey!!!
011f04b1-45f0-49f2-862a-6bc35cef1f3f-jpeg.1299009

A real pair of beauties from Sheffield today; love the setting each are in, as well!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, good having you here :) Congratulations on 8,000 pages everyone :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1298996

View attachment 1298997

View attachment 1298999

View attachment 1299000

- GT

Another week, another eclectic collection of knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

@Jack- Nice Okapi, Jack.

View attachment 1299009

Thanks Harvey, congratulations on acquiring that lovely Rodgers, it goes well with your H.M. Slater Lambsfoot - 'Venture' is the trademark and the name of the works, still standing today) :) :thumbsup:

pLwXgov.jpg

Thanks a lot Jack!!!

Very cool father/son pair of Okapi knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two caught my eye for today; Queen made Winchesters. :)

Thank you JJ, golden pair :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and that Monday isn't too cruel to you ;) Starting the week off with my regular Hartshead Barlow, and a Farm & Field Bullnose, gifted to me by @meako, many years ago now :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

EntdTuw.jpg

lm19p5C.jpg

Case 6347 stockman in Amber bone and Wenger Standard Issue.

View attachment 1296760 View attachment 1296761
Fine examples of a couple of knives with both style and substance, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Great to see the sun-drenched photos, too!

I've only got a couple Bucks on me.
View attachment 1296854
I’ve got a Buck 501 with me today.
Those are some attractive Buck lockbacks, guys! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Dang GT, you ain't never called me beautiful before - I'm gonna blush! OH
Yeah, I'm a silver-tongued devil, Bruce; I say that stuff to everybody. :D

That is exactly what we were doing, my old belt was primo for such a use, but I've since switched to a steel core belt for ccw... His was an old flimsy thing and the buckle was just a cruddy old pot metal thing. I wound up making him a new one from copper ground wire. I wouldn't use it for a filter wrench, but it's still holding his pants up...:thumbsup: :p
:D:thumbsup::D

Hi Gary. The listing said it was appaloosa bone. It has some great colors in it for sure. There's white, brown, orange, and red mixed in there, especially as it gets closer to the bolsters. I find myself getting lost staring at it occasionally :oops: Appreciate the comment, my friend!
Thanks for the correction on the bone color, Mike; amazing bone! :)

Ps Nice Leg you're showing there!
Your "leg" knife is pretty neat, and I always love looking at the grain pattern in Union Jack :)
Sexy knife, GT. ;):thumbsup:
Almost as good in the leg lamp in a Christmas story...:p
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. What a cool looking Marbles leg knife.
Very nice pair of single bladed lovelies; the covers on your "lady leg" are very cool, lots of great character!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks GT, much appreciated! The leg knife is beaut :thumbsup:
I'm grateful for all the kind comments on my leg knife, folks. :) I'm also somewhat surprised, since my impression from past discussions/remarks is that pattern is not very popular on The Porch. :rolleyes:

I was pleased to have lunch with a visiting @Half/Stop today at our favorite "dog house", the Vienna Inn in Vienna, Virginia, which recently celebrated their 60th anniversary of dog 'n drinks dispensing. ...
- Stuart
Thanks for sharing some highlights of your lunch with Ron, Stuart. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I used to have a rule to never eat in a restaurant that was younger than me, but that limits my options too much these days. :rolleyes:

You seem busier now than when you were working full-time Gary! :eek: Thanks for the compliment my friend :) That's a combination you don't see every day, I love that photo of your Union Jack :D :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, yesterday I received a couple of very kind gift packages from two of my fellow Guardians, Wild Willie Wild Willie and @JohnDF :)
Thanks for the positive remark, Jack. :)
I'm also surprised that I seem to have less time now that I'm semi-retired! :eek::confused: I probably walk almost an hour more each day than I used to, I'm trying to do more recreational reading than I did while working full-time, and my bedtime is usually around 8:30 instead of around 10. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised!

A couple of extremely attractive Cases!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Is it springtime already where you live??

White Friday? o_O
Potent pale pair, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I didn't realize those Pocket Carvers actually had a shield bearing their name; looks great! I suppose that indicates how out of touch with current GEC offerings I am! :rolleyes:

Thanks 5K Qs 5K Qs
You’re right, it has a brass blade, a gardening tool -not sharp at all, but this red one is a single blade floral knife.
Thanks for the confirmation and photo of that second tool for budding/grafting. :)
Those floral knives, with clip or sheepsfoot blade, are cool! Do you know if the clip blade version has been discontinued?

This sowbelly was a gift from Crazy Canuck, and the gec bought from John DF for a super deal, so practically a gift. A couple of fine folks and fine knives.

View attachment 1297121
Totally agree with you, sir! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Stag 62 arrived yesterday, and it's going to spend the first day in the pocket today, along with my Electrician.
Congrats on the stag 62, Mike; splendid pair of knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It is a pretty nice day today and I was out on my back porch in the sun Chicken Eye'n and Coon Finger'n some of my stuff and have these in my pockets . Decided to get a few pictures while I was at it ....
Harry
Fantastic to see your "knife towers" again, Harry, overflowing with phenomenal cutlery! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

After 28 hours of overtime in the last week I’m ready for a break. I’m carrying a gift from a member, @zolthar, who has passed on. It was an extremely generous offer and I’m happy to have it.
Thanks for sharing that gift DAK from @zolthar. :thumbsup::)
I'm planning that my next new knife order will be a Böker beer barrel whittler as a memorial to Mark, who used to often carry one I admired.

Maiden Voyage-Robeson Strawberry Bone 1/2 Congress. So new looking, it was as if Emerson Case had saved it for me. I know JJ. JJ Cahill JJ Cahill will understand my joy.
View attachment 1297479
Congrats on the stunning pair of Robesons, Harvey!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much Barrett . The Car On The Ice is on a lake in the town where my wife works so I do not see it very often . I think the last I saw it was this past Tuesday and it was Still Up But Limping . The Right Front wheel was down but I did know if it was as far as in the water or not though . I do not know what the Record is but it was up a few days longer than what I remember as normal .
Harry
Thanks for the update, Harry. ;):cool::thumbsup:

While @Half/Stop and I were CE & CF-ing some of my knives, he kindly chided me for not totin' and postin' some of the elders in my boxes. ...
- Stuart
Kindly chiding is too good for you for holding out on us with those sublime old Case knives, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

A couple scouts for Saturday; an old school Landers, Frary & Clark BSA and a new Victorinox Pioneer X. :)
Scrumptious scouts, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My “newest” knife...
Congrats on that terrific stag clip/pen Powderhorn! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Still enthralled ;) Bright&sunny outside and at last a bit of snow (usually covered in it since Dec but not this year)
Lovely new congress, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Will an almost snow-free winter have negative consequences for the future?

You're a steel-drivin' man, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1297912
As an entry to @Crazy Canuck's GAW, I'll be carrying this old imperial USA Barlow for the upcoming week. It belonged to my great grandmother...
What an honorable heirloom!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back