What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today a couple from GEC; a 35 and an 81. :)
Thank you JJ. That orange 35 is sweet. So is the close cropped image. Love that 81, too.

D Duckdog - Big congratulations on your first grandchild, Stuart. Here’s to you continuing to improve with your therapy. May you and yours be safe.

John Prine was a beautiful person. May he rest easy. Here’s one of my favorites.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Nice trio of pocket sharps.

:) I personally think I actually look better with a mask! :rolleyes: :D
I know I do.:D Thank you, Ron. Both the Ancient and the Hartshead make great pocket pals.

JohnDF JohnDF - Smashing Thursday image, John. Love the up close up and personal view.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the kind words, GT. Your Imperial serpentine Jack is the living end.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - I appreciate you kind words, Gev. Your “Hero’s Journey” image is fabulous.

@waverave - Your re-hafted 83 is quite handsome, Darren. Congratulations.

@Fodderwing - Your LF Big’un looks beautiful in its’ new coat, Dwight.

JB AC SFO Lamb Foot
963C0C6B-2873-4CB3-8E90-D4FEDA31979A_zpsneive7ay.jpeg

Heavy Metal
567B31DB-E69A-4D1F-A907-B37064D198FC_zpsrqhkcbgn.jpeg

“Red sky at night...
8D23A0F4-CFDF-428F-BB03-73C8F1523F99_zpsnvzakeum.jpeg

Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter, Stuart.

Many congratulations Stuart :) :thumbsup:

It’s great to hear from you buddy! :thumbsup: Stuart, I was going to inform everyone of the news, but I thought you should have the honor! I’m glad everyone is still well. I know y’all live in a pretty hot zone for this crap so please stay safe my friend! :D

Sorry your back is limiting your lifting to either two little knives, or one beer, but not both!
Great news about the new addition! I’ll bet Miss Norma is pleased as punch.

Congratulations Stuart and I hope your back continues to get better !

Congratulations, Stuart! Wonderful news! I hope you are speedily on the mend.

D Duckdog - Big congratulations on your first grandchild, Stuart. Here’s to you continuing to improve with your therapy. May you and yours be safe.

Thanks, guys. Yes, Jeff, Miss Norma's been so excited and not being able to immediately grab hold of the baby was driving her to distraction. I had to nail a corner edge of her bathrobe to the floor to keep her in check and so she just walked around in a three foot circle until we were able to go over for a short visit.

I toted light yesterday. so I switched it up today for Thick Thursday with a Queen #32 (1958-1960).

8z709Th.jpg

XSTODnP.jpg

Kb1bax5.jpg

- Stuart

Congratulations, Stuart! Wonderful news! I hope you are speedily on the mend.

Thank you, Barrett! Wonderful pic of your 25!

Thank you so much, Ron! A fine Barlow pairing today, my friend.

These for me today.

ez3JAvq.jpg
Nice ensemble Dylan! I like the skinner and am a sucker for an old '94!

Many thanks JJ, looks like a useful pair you have there with you today :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope everyone is staying safe and well :) Carrying these 3 today :thumbsup:

mkjY2Dj.jpg

D3i9O9J.jpg

Vi1ESfs.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! Another outstanding triple choice; very cool old Russell, the sharpest fixed blade I've ever used!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice pairing JJ! :thumbsup: :D
Thanks a lot Ron!!! Great choice in Barlows today; my favorite modern iterations of the wonderful pattern!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ. :) Some of my favorite knives, often because they cut so well and sharpen so easily, are my inexpensive old Imperials and Colonials.
Your Imperial toothpick with the "stained glass" celluloid covers is remarkable! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the support, JJ. :) When it comes to canoes, I'm surprised by how little variety there tends to be in that pattern, except for cover materials.
Thank you very much Gary!!! It seems like the canoe pattern has really gotten popular over the last few decades!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case half congress (thanks for the GAW, Bill):
halfcongress-pile-closed-jpg.1318510

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider big work knife:
bigwork-mark-open-jpg.1318511

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an Imperial serpentine jack that came from my father-in-law and got me re-interested in pocket knives about 6.5 years ago:
imp-serp-mark-vmain-wallet-sun-jpg.1318512
Very handy and pocketable threesome today; I see you slipped in another sharp little Imperial, always a cool choice!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. That orange 35 is sweet. So is the close cropped image. Love that 81, too.
Thank you kindly, Harvey!!!
JB AC SFO Lamb Foot

Heavy Metal

“Red sky at night...
Three beautiful images and two fantastic totes; really dig that "Heavy Metal" themed shot!!!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know I do.:D Thank you, Ron. Both the Ancient and the Hartshead make great pocket pals.
Thanks Harvey! :) :thumbsup:

JB AC SFO Lamb Foot

Heavy Metal

“Red sky at night...
Beautiful photos Harvey! :thumbsup: Just like all of them, your AC is a gem! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks, guys. Yes, Jeff, Miss Norma's been so excited and not being able to immediately grab hold of the baby was driving her to distraction. I had to nail a corner edge of her bathrobe to the floor to keep her in check and so she just walked around in a three foot circle until we were able to go over for a short visit.

I toted light yesterday. so I switched it up today for Thick Thursday with a Queen #32 (1958-1960).

8z709Th.jpg

XSTODnP.jpg

Kb1bax5.jpg

- Stuart
Thick Thursday is one I hadn't thought of Stuart! ;) A beautiful old Queen Congress! :thumbsup: Three foot circle! :eek: That's a good one! :rolleyes: Our regards to the family and I hope y'all stay safe and well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron!!! Great choice in Barlows today; my favorite modern iterations of the wonderful pattern!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ! :)

Thought I'd tote these two Barlows today, a regular and a jumbo/daddy. :)
Two nice Robeson's for Good Friday JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Nice set, Will.
This envelope that certainly came from Portugal also caught my attention!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hawk eye my friend:D A horn handled knife came in it from your country:thumbsup: as for the other items, the small oval box is either for snuff or pills, it's made of turned horn with nails and carries a German or Dutch inscription prob from about the time of the French Rev. The coin is a gambling token from England c 1840s with strong anti Royalty message-yes the British didn't love their Royals then, happy days;)

Thanks Jack, and yes I agree on the f&f issues with these Schatt from the Heritage series. I have 7 of these and some are better than others.
The wood scales on a few are a bit shy of the liners as if they have shrunken a bit and on a few there are slightly proud and sharp edged pins.
I love the look and feel of the designs just the same though, especially the steel pins and liners, iron bolsters and satin finish blades that came without one of those ugly S&M etches.:)

Thanks for telling me your own experience Greg, it chimes with what others have said about the Heritage series. I only have the one, but the scales were such that it looked like they had used pre-cut scales, rather than them having shrunk, with the liner having been ground to fit the wood in one place. I just got it out to have a look, and I am pleased to say that while they still don't fit great, the scales are better than they were in the past. There's a lot of gaps, but I mind them less than the poor-fitting scales :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) I knew Jack Black would know the identity of The Masked Man! ;) Nice trio for a Thursday Jack! :thumbsup: Stay safe my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, that heading was from a piece I did on bandanas! :D :thumbsup:

I’m carrying two SFO Barlow’s this morning! :) I’ve got a Sawcut Ancient TC Barlow from Charlie @waynorth and a Rosewood Hartshead Barlow from Jack Jack Black Jack Black . :thumbsup: Mighty fine company to spend the day with! Y’all stay safe out there! :)

49752252118_f85dfa6584_o_d.jpg

Nice to see those two together Ron :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning and Happy Thursday everybody

Couple of good-looking working knives there my friend :thumbsup:

That white BSA scout came from Rachel last summer. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
The winter sunset reflected in my Lam Jack was a total surprise! ;):thumbsup:
3 fine knives, Jack, from different countries, with different handle materials and main blade shapes, different numbers of bolsters, different backgrounds in the photos ... Spice of Life Trio! :):cool::cool:

Sorry for not remembering Gary, it's a really cool knife, and a great gift :cool: Thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Case half congress (thanks for the GAW, Bill):
View attachment 1318510

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider big work knife:
View attachment 1318511

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an Imperial serpentine jack that came from my father-in-law and got me re-interested in pocket knives about 6.5 years ago:
View attachment 1318512

- GT

Quality trio buddy :thumbsup:

Hero's Journey

49753464626_6e259b4db5_b.jpg

Beautiful photo Gev :)

eHjHSsQ.jpg

Le Langres, by Stephane Thomachot.

[I'm confused: is it Maunday or Thursday? :p]

Regal knife Vince :D :thumbsup:

I carried these knives on my hike today. So nice to go out and I only passed at a distance two other people out at the park.

View attachment 1318596 View attachment 1318597

Great hiking choices Dean, I hope you had a good one :thumbsup:

Looking good Pete :) :thumbsup:

My carry today! DamLamb and an Orchard Gem.
jFOZSi9.jpg

Fab pairing Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Small is Beautiful!! I thought I'd try this wee Schrade for today!!
I can't remember where I got it, but it sure looks nice, with its great, well-dyed jigged bone handles! It's been worn some, but I got a real decent edge on it!!:cool:
Off we go!!:)
View attachment 1318724 View attachment 1318725

It does look nice Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Wanted to show this off to my Porch friends...83 recovered in mammoth and gifted to me by @Terdl76 :)
To say I am excited, appreciative, and blown away is a massive understatement.
View attachment 1318738
View attachment 1318739

Fabulous! :cool: :thumbsup:

My 3 with me at work today
View attachment 1318741

Those look like solid workers Chuck :thumbsup:

In the rain today.
1IEmfWi.jpg

Excellent photo Dave :thumbsup:

Wow, incredible! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot big'un covered by Glenn.View attachment 1318996

Glenn did a wonderful job there Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Nice trio of pocket sharps.

JB AC SFO Lamb Foot

Heavy Metal

“Red sky at night...

Thank you very much Harvey, three great photos there :cool: Who is the maker of your metal knife? :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! Another outstanding triple choice; very cool old Russell, the sharpest fixed blade I've ever used!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ, the Russell was a generous gift from another forum member :) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd tote these two Barlows today, a regular and a jumbo/daddy. :)

Can't go wrong with a Barlow, and two is even better ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Boy, am I struggling to catch up here today! :eek: It's actuially after noon here, but my phone has never stopped ringing! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing OK, and staying safe and well. Missing my usual Good Friday adventures, but giving my pockets a treat ;) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

QKw3AMx.jpg

zFs0zCd.jpg

tcW3xGD.jpg

Wanted to show this off to my Porch friends...83 recovered in mammoth and gifted to me by @Terdl76 :)
To say I am excited, appreciative, and blown away is a massive understatement.
View attachment 1318738
View attachment 1318739
Fantastic gift!

View attachment 1319072 View attachment 1319071 Heavy duty, but not heavy. I’m expecting a day of heavy labor, so every ounce might count. My partner and I are building vegetable beds in this 21’x100’ high tunnel. The black plastic has killed off the grass underneath, and we’ll build the beds 30” wide x 8-10” deep with this compost right on top of the ground, with wood chip paths in between. That’s a lot of wheelbarrow work for two guys 60+!:confused:View attachment 1319073 At least it keeps me socially distanced.:D
Have a good Good Friday:)

Fantastic gift!

View attachment 1319072 View attachment 1319071 Heavy duty, but not heavy. I’m expecting a day of heavy labor, so every ounce might count. My partner and I are building vegetable beds in this 21’x100’ high tunnel. The black plastic has killed off the grass underneath, and we’ll build the beds 30” wide x 8-10” deep with this compost right on top of the ground, with wood chip paths in between. That’s a lot of wheelbarrow work for two guys 60+!:confused:View attachment 1319073 At least it keeps me socially distanced.:D
Have a good Good Friday:)

That sounds like some project! I bet that hard work will pay off in spades though.

JB AC SFO Lamb Foot

Heavy Metal

“Red sky at night...
Your images are a real treat....wow !!!

Boy, am I struggling to catch up here today! :eek: It's actuially after noon here, but my phone has never stopped ringing! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing OK, and staying safe and well. Missing my usual Good Friday adventures, but giving my pockets a treat ;) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

QKw3AMx.jpg

zFs0zCd.jpg

tcW3xGD.jpg
What a tremendous trio !!!!

Smashing Thursday image, John. Love the up close up and personal view.
Thank you, Harvey. :)

Great photo. :cool::thumbsup:
I'm sad we won't ever see any more of those from Jack.

Winterbottom is wonderful stuff. :cool::thumbsup:

Couple of good-looking working knives there my friend :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)
Truth is, the #15 was just there to look pretty.
The Lambsfoot does all the work around my place.

Somebody's been cheating...
There's two Jack of Spades in that deck. ;)

Back