What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Laguiole+SAK Spartan,
Just Black.
oAq4vQT.jpg

BiCaqR7.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pairing for in the garden Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Interesting post :thumbsup: I have a couple, useful knives, but I agree, they're not fancy ;) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Dan :thumbsup:

Have a Happy Passover Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Fo57MGP.jpg

Nice mask Ron ;) :thumbsup:

Sweet FB :cool: How do you find the S&M, I have the same model, nice enough, but the F&F is lacking? :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) I remember when the Yorkshire Soap Company was just a market stall. Pretty fancy shops now. I just dash in every couple of months, grab two bars of soap, and get out again as fast as possible! :D :thumbsup:

Two great photos my friend :) :thumbsup:

Many congratulations Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, looks like a useful pair you have there with you today :) :thumbsup:

Nice photo and sentiment Barrett, and a great-looking knife of course :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is staying safe and well :) Carrying these 3 today :thumbsup:

mkjY2Dj.jpg

D3i9O9J.jpg

Vi1ESfs.jpg
Great carry! The harness jack forum knives were sure nice! I came late to the party on those and didn't grab one initially. Glad I was able to score one in a trade!

My carry today! DamLamb and an Orchard Gem.
jFOZSi9.jpg

Small is Beautiful!! I thought I'd try this wee Schrade for today!!
I can't remember where I got it, but it sure looks nice, with its great, well-dyed jigged bone handles! It's been worn some, but I got a real decent edge on it!!:cool:
Off we go!!:)
Wee 834 1.jpg Wee 834 2.jpg

I think our fixed blade might be from the same maker. Definitely the leather Sheath :thumbsup:
rRgw9W1.jpg

Can you tell if there is a makers mark or a brand is on the large stag fixed blade? I think a lot of German brands exported a similar pattern during the 50s - 70s.

Terrific pairing! :thumbsup: I have a weakness for Osage and that fixed blade is a beautiful example! :D

Thanks Ron, I've had that knife about 6 years and the osage scales have darkened consider in that time.:)

If that’s a bois ‘d arc stave there, I might guess what hobby you’re thinking of.:thumbsup:
I have a couple of mulberry staves I cut 2, maybe 3 yrs ago out in the shed. One of these days, when more time-pressed matters are handled...

Right on both counts Jeff and I had the bowdark shaved, shaped and on a string and shooting by days end. The mulberry will serve you well, dive in when time allows. :thumbsup:

Back