What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

If I get lost today they should be able to spot me from space with this carry :)
bde957bb-d310-4adf-9885-2a664e49c309-jpeg.1349290

Awesome combination of articles of the same color, Jon!!!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm going with these two 1930s jacks both wearing black. :)
Thank you, kindly, JJ. A beautiful and well kept pair of 30s Jacks. Two vintage gems. A fine well lit image seals the deal.

Beautiful Lamb :) You are making me hungry again my friend! :D :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Stuart Mitchell sure made a fine knife, judging from yours.

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider Silver Select sowbelly:
A beautiful quartet, GT.

old Navy knife is brown.
Gorgeous Navy knife, Jeff.

they should be able to spot me from space with this carry :)
Such a cool EDC.

A vintage carry for today!!
Tested XX 6231 1/2, Rogers bone!!View attachment 1349459

Excellent choice! And your Navajo rings are just as much a delight to see in your scans as are your knives! :thumbsup::eek:

I’ve reached the end of the tunnel and I’m surrounded by light so a good ending to the week. I carried the Pony Jack today since it brought me good luck last Friday I thought I might as well try it again today.

8-EA529-F1-21-BE-486-A-A6-B2-BC6-ACC847-D26.jpg

Hopefully it brings you a lot more luck. Those pony jacks are real eye catchers! I wish GEC would make some some 68s soon. I have a couple of 66s but the white owls and pony jacks always strike me as archetypal knives.

Alox Knife of the Week is supposed to be this Money Clip, according to my rotation schedule. But I typically keep that knife in my office when it's not in my pocket (I often use it as a tie clip), and I haven't had authorization to enter my office for over 2 months :(
moneyclip.mark.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit "customized" for whittling (thanks, Greg):
right.profile.bust.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman trapper:
workman.mark.open.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an "anonymous" (and almost certainly Chinese) Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain about 5 years ago; it's an inexpensive, but quite pleasant, knife:
laguiole.closed.out.jpg

- GT

;)
Alox Knife of the Week is supposed to be this Money Clip, according to my rotation schedule. But I typically keep that knife in my office when it's not in my pocket (I often use it as a tie clip), and I haven't had authorization to enter my office for over 2 months :(
View attachment 1349661
- GT
You’ve been teaching online classes - just think of the Money Clip as your online carry. (It’s right there on your screen.);)

Great knives and great post !!!

Very kind of you, Gev!
I'm afraid your posts, photos, and blades set a high standard...
Speaking of which, is your tote for today a whittler? Wo made it?

TGIF denizens of the porch!
Old friend Friday for me. I figure if I carry and post the same knife almost everyday, the least I can do is spend some extra time on my images.
k9R7Yzj.jpg
Fine images, as always, Gary.
What does Mr Lloyd call that model? I personally would call it a trapper, but curious.

Gorgeous Navy knife, Jeff.
Thanks much, Harvey!
A pair of JB SFO Hartshead Lamb Foot Barlows hafted in vintage Sambar and Rosewood.
View attachment 1349449

And yours are so fine. I'll probably get a reprimand from the Porch, but I actually think I like the rosewood a tad more.

I think.

A vintage carry for today!!
Tested XX 6231 1/2, Rogers bone!!View attachment 1349459

Rogers bone indeed! Beautiful color on that bone.

I like to fantasize that this one was mfg the day my Father was born. Could be! 1904-1920. Still snappy and just feels good; yes, I am carrying and using it.View attachment 1349549 View attachment 1349550 View attachment 1349551

Oh, I understand fully. I'd have a hard time NOT carrying and using that knife.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back