What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Nice end to a hectic day!

3o8p85z.jpg
Nice!! I used to buy that Victory Summer Love when I lived on the East Coast. Last time I bought it the label had a baseball theme.

Reactions: AnW
If I come across a bear in Yorkshire, I'm going to be REALLY worried JJ! :D Those fabulous Jacks are right up my street :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, carrying a Vic Farmer with my Hartshead Barlow, and an Old Friend from a long-deceased Sheffield cutler called Stuart Mitchell, had this one since 1979 :thumbsup:

lshqXBM.jpg

T7n0Mk6.jpg

mA9x9zN.jpg
That's very true Jack, though stranger things have happened!:eek: Thank you very much!!!
A very hearty threesome you have today; those two additions to your HHB definitely have you well covered, with your 70s Sheffield fixed looking like quite the hearty lad!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice Jacks JJ. That old, non-celluloid, black synthetic handle material seems to hold up well over the decades, only my Imperial BSA has shrunk anymore than what you show. Wonder what the stuff was? Carrying my HSB Junior Cattle Knife for Black Friday, same type of handles. OH

HSB-9729-Jr-Cattle-Knife-1.jpg
It certainly does Bruce, thanks a lot!!! Love your old HSB jr. cattle cigar, really awesome version of the federal shield, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
A beautiful pair of black jigged bone knives. Absolute Classics. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, John!!!
Black Friday, Black knife, Black coffee, and Black mask...
I think you have Black Friday very well covered with a hard to beat combo; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
So is that fine pair !! The photograph makes them look alive with energy :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very kindly good Sir!!!
[ˌekwəˈnimədē]

33120100018_7b553b459e_b.jpg
I'd say you certainly captured a wonderful sense of calmness with your fabulous image, lovely well worn covers, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, kindly, JJ. A beautiful and well kept pair of 30s Jacks. Two vintage gems. A fine well lit image seals the deal.
Thanks so much Harvey!!!
A pair of JB SFO Hartshead Lamb Foot Barlows hafted in vintage Sambar and Rosewood.
84464300-63cc-4fd2-a36a-730a3f5e33a0-jpeg.1349449
I can really feel the texture of your two beautiful HHBs; awesome work lensing those beauties!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
The texture of the rock really compliments the texture in the stag.

Many thanks John, I actually passed that same rock on my walk yesterday :)

Black Friday, Black knife, Black coffee, and Black mask...

You need a horse John! :D :thumbsup:

It's Old Friends Friday!
ELVdI3d.jpg

Good-looking pair of Old Friends Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Jeff :thumbsup:

Totin' my HHB and a custom made pen gifted to me from a friend and fellow fly fisherman.
View attachment 1349320

Nicely matched Bill, love the pen :) :thumbsup:

Buck Cadet and Case Eisenhower

View attachment 1349322

Looking good Dean, that Eisenhower is a nice pattern :) :thumbsup:

Captivating image Dan :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Gev :thumbsup:

Terrific trio Justin :thumbsup:

TGIF denizens of the porch!
Old friend Friday for me. I figure if I carry and post the same knife almost everyday, the least I can do is spend some extra time on my images.
k9R7Yzj.jpg

I know you have plenty of extra work here on The Porch at the moment Gary, thank you :) Cool pics, looks like your @Horsewright pocket sheath is working out pretty well for you :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Stuart Mitchell sure made a fine knife, judging from yours.

Thanks Harvey, he was just a fixed-blade maker, but he did a good job :thumbsup:

A pair of JB SFO Hartshead Lamb Foot Barlows hafted in vintage Sambar and Rosewood.
View attachment 1349449

Great to see those two together my friend :) :thumbsup:

A vintage carry for today!!
Tested XX 6231 1/2, Rogers bone!!View attachment 1349459

She's a looker Charlie :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice Barlow Randy :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! My apologies for missing this earlier! :) :thumbsup:

No apologies needed pal :) :thumbsup:

That's very true Jack, though stranger things have happened!:eek: Thank you very much!!!
A very hearty threesome you have today; those two additions to your HHB definitely have you well covered, with your 70s Sheffield fixed looking like quite the hearty lad!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Indeed they have! :eek: :D Thank you very much for your kind words :) :thumbsup:

I'm going with these two GECs that I really like. :)

A very handsome pair JJ :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a happy and enjoyable weekend :) :thumbsup:

Fi0t4tJ.jpg

Many thanks John, I actually passed that same rock on my walk yesterday :)

You need a horse John! :D :thumbsup:

Good-looking pair of Old Friends Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Jeff :thumbsup:

Nicely matched Bill, love the pen :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Dean, that Eisenhower is a nice pattern :) :thumbsup:

Captivating image Dan :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Gev :thumbsup:

Terrific trio Justin :thumbsup:

I know you have plenty of extra work here on The Porch at the moment Gary, thank you :) Cool pics, looks like your @Horsewright pocket sheath is working out pretty well for you :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, he was just a fixed-blade maker, but he did a good job :thumbsup:

Great to see those two together my friend :) :thumbsup:

She's a looker Charlie :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice Barlow Randy :thumbsup:

No apologies needed pal :) :thumbsup:

Indeed they have! :eek: :D Thank you very much for your kind words :) :thumbsup:

A very handsome pair JJ :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a happy and enjoyable weekend :) :thumbsup:

Fi0t4tJ.jpg
thx Jack

Back