What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Leslie Tomville

Gold Member
AACDC197-1879-4017-B580-5944286C6DE0.jpeg 31F7A268-9F24-48A4-ADC7-E0B5B33799A0.jpeg 09C95901-5349-486C-83D1-6C8CABC4795A.jpeg F2A319D8-2045-4FCC-81D7-96705A41098A.jpeg 4DA9CCB6-D08E-4C38-BCE7-1CF06885E1E6.jpeg BF2B0E5F-DFB4-4169-BC20-0B3577645C13.jpeg 964F8382-6093-4078-9C63-D70CA1F64CA5.jpeg

Now this has been a lot of fun! I had two old Buck 110’s. The knife in the top photographs is a three dot and the knife in the bottom three photographs is a two dot. I sent them back to Buck for refurbishment, and they did an excellent job. I feel like I have two brand new knives, but, in fact, they are old survivors ready to go to work for another few decades. Buck is truly a great company, and I can see why their fans are so loyal.

Last edited:
Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!
This just made my day!! Joseph is obviously thriving with his ‘forever family!’ I’m sure his dad is cultivating his love of knives and the Clemson Tigers!! My two kids and son-in-law are all Clemson graduates. It’s a good time to be a Tiger!!! Enjoy this special day.

TheFactor

Life is good !
Platinum Member
L1NCcrt.jpg

cigarrodog

Platinum Member
I'm going with these two GECs that I really like. :)
Thank you JJ. Kind of you to say that. Both the 66 and the 54 are great examples of the patterns. Great jigging on the 66, and I’m especially fond of the 54. Nicely arranged and imaged.

Great to see those two together my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Your double Lamb Foot carry is simply the best.:thumbsup:

This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!
Congratulations on your special milestone. The joy filled expressions tell the whole store. Long may it continue.

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Decided the heck with it and took all knives out of my pockets (Lambfoot, Trapper, Sowbelly) and slipped this Buck 500 Duke in my pocket and put it's sheath on my belt in case I want to carry it that way later in the day. Even took this fresh picture of it. I'm sure the "500" can handle any task that comes along today.

FICRDc4.jpg

guy g

Platinum Member
Fire Beard.. what is the knife on the right? Both are nice but I like the sleek look of the black and silver

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
A couple of Charlie's Angels...
Got the brunette, and the ginger, what have you done with the blonde?!?

Unbroken Ground

49952501257_fbefac5c6d_b.jpg

49951711223_a4c3991711_b.jpg

49951712138_f7c0643022_b.jpg

Besides knife photos, I love garden photos.
Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!
May God continue to bless your family.
Our youngest is a wonderful young woman with Down Syndrome, and many of her buds are autistic. And I know families who have adopted into the club. They are some of the most incredible people you’ll ever meet.
Here’s Andie keeping me company in a high tunnel on the farm.
F50F61CB-92FA-4073-B610-2868877FC07B.jpeg
View attachment 1350049 View attachment 1350047 View attachment 1350040 View attachment 1350042 View attachment 1350048 View attachment 1350050 View attachment 1350051

Now this has been a lot of fun! I had two old Buck 110’s. The knife in the top photographs is a three dot and the knife in the bottom three photographs is a two dot. I sent them back to Buck for refurbishment, and they did an excellent job. I feel like I have two brand new knives, but, in fact, they are old survivors ready to go to work for another few decades. Buck is truly a great company, and I can see why their fans are so loyal.
How do you decode the Buck dots?
Decided the heck with it and took all knives out of my pockets (Lambfoot, Trapper, Sowbelly) and slipped this Buck 500 Duke in my pocket and put it's sheath on my belt in case I want to carry it that way later in the day. Even took this fresh picture of it. I'm sure the "500" can handle any task that comes along today.

FICRDc4.jpg
Just don’t panic when you feel that empty sheath!