What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

7RuAVUX.jpg

Had an incredibly busy last half of the week, but very rewarding! Such a good week, I took today off and was able to help my father in law put up a pergola. Unfortunately, because of this, I wasn’t able to stay up to date here. Nonetheless, I had this great companion with me! I’ve got a good one in the works for tomorrow as well :D

A very handsome pair JJ :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a happy and enjoyable weekend :) :thumbsup:

Fi0t4tJ.jpg
Thank you Jack!!!
Lovely couple of lambs your toting for the weekend; hope you have a great one, as well!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Kind of you to say that. Both the 66 and the 54 are great examples of the patterns. Great jigging on the 66, and I’m especially fond of the 54. Nicely arranged and imaged.
Thanks a lot Harvey!!!
William Rodgers Lamb Foot and a meaningful coin given to me by Dennis - @mitch4ging
97C550B8-C52E-4E9B-AE1D-15B5543D534A_zpszclsmzbx.jpeg
Beautiful old lamb with your 3rd Armored Division coin; two absolute classics!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A couple of real beauties for you today; the covers on your 78 look amazing!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!

Outstanding post Jon, and what a great photo of you and Joseph :) Cool knife too :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack; and I agree. You have a couple of well designed knives today. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dean :)

Thank you Jack. Your double Lamb Foot carry is simply the best.:thumbsup:

William Rodgers Lamb Foot and a meaningful coin given to me by Dennis - @mitch4ging
97C550B8-C52E-4E9B-AE1D-15B5543D534A_zpszclsmzbx.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, smashing pic of your William Rodgers Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

As usual on Saturday.
17UhSdw.jpg

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!!
Lovely couple of lambs your toting for the weekend; hope you have a great one, as well!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I'm going with a pair of "yellow jacks." :)
Umc4hyq.jpg

Thanks a lot JJ, I always enjoy seeing those two :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :) Sunny Sunday here, and I'm carrying these two :) :thumbsup:

nguyBCw.jpg

agEhhoE.jpg

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!
I didn’t post yesterday, so I’m reading this early this morning! What a wonderful feel good post my friend! All my best to you and Joseph! That’s a great ole Schrade too! :thumbsup: :)

Started with just these 2

Then this came in the U.S.Mail.
My , new to me , $28 , plus shipping & taxes , Stag Pruner , possibly IXL

Now they all in my pockets
Harry
Harry that’s some beautiful stag my friend! :thumbsup: What a great old knife! :)

Just wanted to supplement my post from earlier today. I received a package this afternoon that contained this:
SXN1Ayq.jpg

I was expecting the military knife, which timberweasel timberweasel (Brett) offered to give to whomever wanted it. But he also included a very nice Thiers knife with a juniper handle and leather pocket sheath, and a very nice Spanish knife, with a curly birch handle. And a keychain flashlight! I've been taking turns carrying all three knives today. These three are staying on my nightstand for awhile for my carry rotation. Thanks, Brett! :)
A very nice surprise there Vince! A wonderful gesture from timberweasel timberweasel ! :thumbsup: :)

Very nice Knives Greg . I should have picked up more of this Schatts when they were being made . Are those Sheaths or Slips ??? I do like them both .

Harry

Thanks for the compliment Harry. :)
The leather pocket slips are homemade ones I threw together. The Schatt's from that particular 'heritage series' although not perfect are very nice IMO.
I think they did an outstanding job of replicating the early 20th century models from their own catalog of that time.
Have a pleasant Sunday friend.:thumbsup:

Yesterday and most probably again today. Have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

46478531395_b3540c77e9_o_d.jpg
Thank you very much Ron . It has turned out to be an almost unbelievable purchase . I may even hunt up that old lady and give her back her Easy Open Camillus ????? As I told you on the phone , I was just buying it for the Stag but it is in a much better condition than I even hoped for . It is even in my RFP right now . Have to put some Pocket Wear onto the high spots of the Stag . I am planning to see you folks yet this year and I will bring it along .
Those are some nice looking knives the you are carrying today my friend .
I will carry this one again today .

Take care my friend . You and Pam be careful putting up your New Deck .

Harry

Last edited:
Back