What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for helping me celebrate this day everyone! It’s been a great day!
I’d say that’s an excellent choice today!
Thank you sir!

Congratulations, Jon! Joseph has a great smile, and looks very happy.
And that knife is AWESOME! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks! That’s a pretty perpetual smile!

What a great post! I hope that your Joseph continues to thrive with his forever family. That's a great knife to commemorate your success.
I am particularly fond of the name Joseph. It was my paternal grandfather's name and it's my oldest son's name.
The name Joseph means “God added”. We picked it because we always want to remember how God has added Joseph to our family. Thanks for the kind words!

Jon,
I am so very happy that you and Joseph have been brought together. What a great day for you both. Joseph and the world are better for you in it.
God Bless you and yours my friend.
I will gladly receive every one of those blessings my friend!

Those smiles say it all. Congratulations to both of you on your special day. :):thumbsup:
Thank you sir! He makes me smile quite a bit.

This just made my day!! Joseph is obviously thriving with his ‘forever family!’ I’m sure his dad is cultivating his love of knives and the Clemson Tigers!! My two kids and son-in-law are all Clemson graduates. It’s a good time to be a Tiger!!! Enjoy this special day.
Go Tigers!!! It certainly is great to be a Tiger in these days.Thanks so much for your kind words!

Congratulations on your special milestone. The joy filled expressions tell the whole store. Long may it continue.
A long continuance indeed! Thank you sir!

JonMcD JonMcD as the father of a special needs child I feel some kinship with you in your families accomplishment - congratulations. I know the road isn’t easy, but you guys seem to be plodding along in a steady fashion (what our goal has always been!). OH
Kinship for sure. I’m sure we could share stories for hours. As you well know, many days we are content to claim the win of “thank the Lord we made it to the end of the day!” Thanks for your words.

.May God continue to bless your family.
Our youngest is a wonderful young woman with Down Syndrome, and many of her buds are autistic. And I know families who have adopted into the club. They are some of the most incredible people you’ll ever meet.
Here’s Andie keeping me company in a high tunnel on the farm.
View attachment 1350151
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for your blessing sir.

sWSHY18.jpg

Same today as the past few days. I don’t see either leaving my pocket for awhile.

Fire Beard.. what is the knife on the right? Both are nice but I like the sleek look of the black and silver

That’s a LionSTEEL Best Man. Ebony wood covers, titanium bolsters and liners, and M390 blade steel. Mine is a spear point, but it also comes in a clip point and several handle configurations. Absolutely outstanding fit and finish. Made in Italy.

Mike at Collector Knives has plenty of them in stock, and he’s a supporting BF member, so here you go: https://www.collectorknives.net/product-category/lion-steel-knives/lionsteel-bestman/

Lot of on and off rain today as another very quick Tropical Depression moved through the area. With all the rain I have spent my time today unpacking and sorting boxes from our long move last year. I was actually searching for two missing Glock magazines (haven't found them yet) but I found a cardboard box in the garage full of stuff taken out of my old car last June 3rd when it was traded in on a new one. One entire year and I never realized I had "lost" this Frontier Medium Stockman! Guess that means I have too many pocketknives (especially Medium Stockman). Cleaned it up, oiled the joints, worked the blades, touched up the edge and dropped it in my pocket for today's carry. OH
Frontier-4131-ca-1975-1.jpg

Removed at 15:45 on 30 May, 2020:
Buck 389 canoe.
Inserted at 15:48 on 30 May, 2020:
Northfield Un-X-LD 610211 with green briarwood jigged bone covers. ("number 14 of 35")

Reasoning and/or "logic", (if applicable):
The Demo knife has a spear point blade, same as the canoe.
Why have a redundant blade?
The Northfield has a wharncliffe and coping blades. No redundancy.

Last edited:
Just wanted to supplement my post from earlier today. I received a package this afternoon that contained this:
SXN1Ayq.jpg

I was expecting the military knife, which @timberweasel (Brett) offered to give to whomever wanted it. But he also included a very nice Thiers knife with a juniper handle and leather pocket sheath, and a very nice Spanish knife, with a curly birch handle. And a keychain flashlight! I've been taking turns carrying all three knives today. These three are staying on my nightstand for awhile for my carry rotation. Thanks, Brett! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 1350049 View attachment 1350047 View attachment 1350040 View attachment 1350042 View attachment 1350048 View attachment 1350050 View attachment 1350051

Now this has been a lot of fun! I had two old Buck 110’s. The knife in the top photographs is a three dot and the knife in the bottom three photographs is a two dot. I sent them back to Buck for refurbishment, and they did an excellent job. I feel like I have two brand new knives, but, in fact, they are old survivors ready to go to work for another few decades. Buck is truly a great company, and I can see why their fans are so loyal.

Fairly easy process? I’ve been contemplating sending my “no dot” 110 to the spa for some time. I bought this new in 1973 just before my 13th birthday...$16.00 (I still have sales receipt and registration card I filled out but never mailed).upload_2020-5-30_17-29-58.jpeg

Just wanted to supplement my post from earlier today. I received a package this afternoon that contained this:
SXN1Ayq.jpg

I was expecting the military knife, which @timberweasel (Brett) offered to give to whomever wanted it. But he also included a very nice Thiers knife with a juniper handle and leather pocket sheath, and a very nice Spanish knife, also with a juniper handle. And a keychain flashlight! I've been taking turns carrying all three knives today. These three are staying on my nightstand for awhile for my carry rotation. Thanks, Brett! :)

That’s awesome! Juniper is a great wood—that peppery smell is so soothing.

Back