What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Trying to catch back up and get my tote in on Throwback Thursday. Still hanging around the house, so my light duty today was cleaning a Colt New Frontier commemorative from 1984 and totin' a Gary Cunningham small hunter from last month.

Bp2F3Uw.jpg

IKUrOU3.jpg

Even though spotty, it feels great to be back on the Porch.
- Stuart

Last edited:
Trying to catch back up and get mt tote in on Throwback Thursday. Still hanging around the house, so my light duty today was cleaning a Colt New Frontier commemorative from 1984 and totin' a Gary Cunningham small hunter from last month.

Bp2F3Uw.jpg

IKUrOU3.jpg

- Stuart
Nice knife, Stuart, but I really love that sixgun! :cool::thumbsup:
Good to see you back.

Nice knife, Stuart, but I really love that sixgun! :cool::thumbsup:
Good to see you back.

Thanks, Vince. Very glad to be here. The Colt is a .22 LR., so it's light to carry. The silver scroll work prevents me from rabbit hunting with it - too much post hunt polishing. The knife is 6" OAL and fits easily in a front pants (or coat) pocket in its sheath.
- Stuart

LOL! :D There was a time when I used to count knives when I couldn't sleep - I had a better memory then :rolleyes: Nice checkering on your handsome American Jack my friend :thumbsup:

aUFQRoK.jpg

H6TNzJ7.jpg
Thanks Jack, I can certainly relate to that!!!o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks like your about to slice up some mighty tasty look'n bread; great totes today and an outstanding book!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. That 78 has my kind of jigging. Wonderful detailing. Beautiful color. Always a fine image.
Thanks a lot, Harvey; you certainly have a great eye for jigging, especially the Sheffield variety!!!
JB SFO LAMB foot. “The Senator.”
4967aa56-0f82-423d-bcd9-391ef83921c8-jpeg.1352652
One more beautiful example of wonderful Sheffield stag covers; Jack really turns out some modern marvels!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Trying to catch back up and get my tote in on Throwback Thursday. Still hanging around the house, so my light duty today was cleaning a Colt New Frontier commemorative from 1984 and totin' a Gary Cunningham small hunter from last month.

Bp2F3Uw.jpg

IKUrOU3.jpg
Great image of your marvelous pair; you're certainly playing "high stakes" with a super sleek slicer and your very cool "Duke" wheel gun, wow!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ, and thanks for the pics that you've been posting. Luminous!
Thank you kindly, Stuart; still drooling over your post!!!

Last edited:
Toting French on Friday:
AEwZUUW.jpg

Wise carry:thumbsup:

Here's my Ebony version with some extra pin work

rJSq0a7.jpg

Since you're becoming a fan of Gallic Cinema you might like to see Chabrol's
Les noces rouges starring the late Michel Piccoli and the late Stéphane Audran shown in a still with Eliana de Santis who plays her daughter. Corruption, lust and murder :cool:

ZXr2jgs.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Your Hartshead, Zorro, and fresh bread is a triple treat.

JB SFO LAMB foot. “The Senator.”
View attachment 1352652

Thanks Harvey, beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Classic and every boy's dream when I was a young. Cool book, too, Jack. :thumbsup:

Victorinox Electrician which was used for a couple of tasks today.

View attachment 1352707

Thank you Dean :) I always have a Vic Electrician in my bag :thumbsup:

New Carter apprentice knife and a CK sheath for a Lannier paring Knife.

View attachment 1352829

NICE Joshua! :cool: :thumbsup:

Took a nice hike today.
OftM24L.jpg

I wasn’t alone enjoying the warm weather.
vsd1eFC.jpg

Fantastic photos Dave :) :thumbsup:

Watch Pocket knife this week is a Chinese Imperial mini canoe:
View attachment 1352893

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider all-stainless melon/sausage tester:
View attachment 1352894

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a GEC 72 (thanks, Dee):
View attachment 1352895

- GT

Impressive trio GT, love the look of that #72 :thumbsup:

Bp2F3Uw.jpg

IKUrOU3.jpg

- Stuart

Hope you're doing OK Stuart, your Cunningham is a beauty :) Cool-looking shooting iron too my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I can certainly relate to that!!!o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks like your about to slice up some mighty tasty look'n bread; great totes today and an outstanding book!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This little beauty just arrived; it will be in my pocket today. :)

Thanks JJ, I like to start my days off with some good toasted bread :) Looks like you're ready to do some whittlin' there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Slicing my granary loaf today (with a bread knife, not with the Lambsfoot ;) ) :thumbsup:

dIyJenn.jpg

Along with my Hartshead Barlow, I'm carrying a Waynorth Black Jack, and my Boker Savannah :thumbsup:

BVNj5FZ.jpg

Bu9wdX3.jpg

Garden is really going crazy. This is my most productive planter in the background. I'm excited for peas and green beans!
O3spGae.jpg
Looking good Taylor! You’ve managed to turn your Orchard Gem into a Garden Gem! Well done! :thumbsup: :D

On this 88 F day we finished up with putting in the gardens . I had these in my pockets again . I am pretty sure that they both are older than me and most likely even older than my parents and I really like both of them and do not hesitate to use either one of them .

This is where we started our Tomato and Pepper plants . Now gone with some to our neighbors . Still showing is the Lettuce , Bush Beans , and Carrots

This is our small Raised Garden .

I also finished up a project that I started last fall .

This one is the last of four that I have made . Left to right . # 1 was originally an Oak 2 x 4 /// # 2 Not shown because it resides it Tennessee with it's owner was originally a shovel handle /// # 3 was originally a shovel handle /// # 4 was an Oak Limb that fell onto our yard .

These 3 have Buffalo Nickels in them

I have 2 more Brass Balls but may not use them , but I really enjoyed making these Walking Sticks and cane .

Harry
Thank you and here’s #2 Harry! ;) It does proudly reside in Tennessee. I’ve never installed the nickels yet but I may still someday!
42220418820_78a46e4780_o_d.jpg

Your plant beds are looking great my friend. You and Nancy need to take it easy in those high temps my friend! Those are two wonderful old knives my friend and I know you really enjoy carrying and using them in your EDC rotation! :D

Bp2F3Uw.jpg

IKUrOU3.jpg

- Stuart
Beautiful, both of them Stuart! :thumbsup: Hope you’re still improving my friend! :)

This little beauty just arrived; it will be in my pocket today. :)
You’ve captured the grain in that micarta very nicely there JJ! Great looking #62! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Harvey, beautiful photo :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dean :) I always have a Vic Electrician in my bag :thumbsup:

NICE Joshua! :cool: :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Dave :) :thumbsup:

Impressive trio GT, love the look of that #72 :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK Stuart, your Cunningham is a beauty :) Cool-looking shooting iron too my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks JJ, I like to start my days off with some good toasted bread :) Looks like you're ready to do some whittlin' there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Slicing my granary loaf today (with a bread knife, not with the Lambsfoot ;) ) :thumbsup:

dIyJenn.jpg

Along with my Hartshead Barlow, I'm carrying a Waynorth Black Jack, and my Boker Savannah :thumbsup:

BVNj5FZ.jpg

Bu9wdX3.jpg
Thanks, Jack! You’ve got an eclectic carry today: stag, ebony, and horn (oh my!)

Back