What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Canal Street today. It’s thin blades and the edge on it make it one heck of a slicer. Not sure if it came that way or was done after leaving the factory, but it is sharp!!

0-D89-DF75-5-D09-42-F4-8-BE4-60-BDB1894-A63.jpg

Yep. When Levis changed their boot cut jeans to ride lower and be skinnier, I swore them off. Happy with my Wranglers.
I wore Sears Tough Skins through 5th grade... complete with iron-on knee patches. :)
I wore Levi's for one year in 6th grade because I told my mom that nobody wore Tough Skins any more.
I've worn Wranglers every day since then because it became my choice finally.

JTB_5 JTB_5 Joshua, is this book up next? Spoiler within (just kidding

Naturally :D
823-B1-F75-1039-4-B25-97-E8-6-A8-B279269-AA-1-201-a.jpg

Beautiful woods, Joshua.
By the way, my wife is reading The Iliad right now, and I recently reread it myself. Only one complaint: there's not enough violence! :D

Which translation is your wife reading? Same for you? My first read was Fagles (verse), and this one is Rieu (prose). I'm going to try Lattimore next. One thing about the violence though; no one ever dies in the same way. Nothing like eyes falling to the ground from getting speared through the forehead. It would take quite an audience to think of war as anything other than tragic after hearing Homer read aloud.

Which translation is your wife reading? Same for you? My first read was Fagles (verse), and this one is Rieu (prose). I'm going to try Lattimore next. One thing about the violence though; no one ever dies in the same way. Nothing like eyes falling to the ground from getting speared through the forehead. It would take quite an audience to think of war as anything other than tragic after hearing Homer read aloud.
She's reading the Fitzgerald translation, which is what I read last too. I've read Lattimore and Rieu. I may tackle Chapman's sometime, although it is centuries old. Homer is one I keep coming back to, like Moby Dick and Tom Sawyer and 1984. And Shakespeare, of course. Especially Hamlet.

She's reading the Fitzgerald translation, which is what I read last too. I've read Lattimore and Rieu. I may tackle Chapman's sometime, although it is centuries old. Homer is one I keep coming back to, like Moby Dick and Tom Sawyer and 1984. And Shakespeare, of course. Especially Hamlet.
You might be interested in a series of podcast episodes about Homer I've enjoyed. They are called, "A Perpetual Feast" by a couple of gents names Wes Callihan and Andrew Kern. They just sit and talk about how great Homer and his works are, and its pretty delightful to hear two guys gush intelligently over the greatest poet and poetry of the antique world.

I can see why it’s an Old Friend, Jack. Have a good weekend.

Thanks Harvey, you too buddy :) :thumbsup:

I've got my Mike Moran eureka and my Ashley's Choice lambsfoot today. Picked some blueberries, mowed the lawn, and will be finishing up Homer's Iliad (first time reading a prose translation by Rieu) after lunch.

View attachment 1366500 View attachment 1366502

Nice choice of knives and reading Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Curbside pickup for a Cheesecake Factory BBQ Burger and a Keylime pie cheesecake, with a side of JBO SFO Senator Lambfoot.
View attachment 1366501

View attachment 1366503

You're making me hungry again Harvey! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks so much! The surgery went well!

Great to hear Jon :) :thumbsup:

New to me today...

1946207-F-3-C0-A-4-E42-A795-4143-A2-DDDB77.jpg

Nice find, they're not as common as they used to be :) Is that a Victorinox model, hard to see ? :thumbsup:

Really like that FB :cool: :thumbsup:

Great pairing today, adding a spicy Spanish slicer to you sweet Black Friday lamb is fantastic!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks so much, Jack!!!

A pair of old shadow pens for Saturday. :)

Thanks a lot JJ, your Shadow-pattern pens are pure class :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Bill :) :thumbsup:

I’m carrying a Vic Alox Pioneer and a Pere David Stag Lambsfoot today. Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50050769617_4f8721b4c3_o_d.jpg

Useful pair Ron :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Lambfoot and Hoffritz NY pen knife for today.

Those two look good together Les :thumbsup:

I have loved that book since I was a boy Joshua :) Even studying the Greek Classics at school didn't kill it for me! :D :thumbsup:

I'm very late posting today, as I've been out hiking. Hope everyone has had a great day. I had these three to hand...

HV6ayLU.jpg

(The weather was even worse than the forecast!)

8RCebmx.jpg

XlHmPyK.jpg

...along with my Watchpocket Barlow, because I left it in my pocket yesterday, and a Vic Farmer in my coat pocket :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Back