What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Seems like this Boker is almost always on me these days.
RpcDybH.jpg

Maybe this Camillus today, since it's raining.
kUrCbBz.jpg

You really have a couple of GEC made marvels today; that pruning blade is a great thing of beauty!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ! This Cranberry Jigged Bone Orchard Gem is my only user from the bunch, but these #38’s from Lyle and Charlie are definitely coveted beauties in my collection! :) :thumbsup:

Going with these two razor sharp jacks from the 1930s, both wearing black composite. :)
Two beautiful oldies JJ! That Remington Jack really checks a lot of boxes! :) :thumbsup:

Ending my week with these three :) Have a good Friday, and a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

MaD4zuS.jpg

CgJekg4.jpg

DKyZOVz.jpg
A great trio for your Friday Jack! That Guardian looks to have a wicked sharp edge my friend! Be careful with that bad boy! ;) :D

Two Birds with One Stone ;) Black Friday and Today's Carry:)

numCTkc.jpg
That’s one of GECs best spears on that 78 Will! :thumbsup: But you probably already knew that my friend! ;)

Today marks 9 years nicotine free for me. 40 years of Marlboro and Copenhagen ( often at the same time) ended July the 10th 2011 for me. So I’m feeling a little proud of myself this morning. In honor of that pride, I decided to carry a knife that was made with pride and I’m proud to own. 1967-1971 Schrade made Buck 301. This knife has waited over 50 years for this day. A craftsman built this wonderful tool to be used in an honest days work and today it will be. View attachment 1375214

Good-looking pair Joshua, both interesting knives :thumbsup:

Beautiful Barlows Harvey :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I like the way you've matched those two :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :D :) You can't beat that good old steel! ;) Beautiful vintage pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ending my week with these three :) Have a good Friday, and a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

MaD4zuS.jpg

CgJekg4.jpg

DKyZOVz.jpg
Thank you, Jack! You have some nice ones on display, too. Is that lanyard bead damascus or mokume or something else?

Today marks 9 years nicotine free for me. 40 years of Marlboro and Copenhagen ( often at the same time) ended July the 10th 2011 for me. So I’m feeling a little proud of myself this morning. In honor of that pride, I decided to carry a knife that was made with pride and I’m proud to own. 1967-1971 Schrade made Buck 301. This knife has waited over 50 years for this day. A craftsman built this wonderful tool to be used in an honest days work and today it will be. View attachment 1375214
Congratulations on that milestone Clay! I smoked my last Marlboro in August of 1977. ;) I took my last dip of Copenhagen in 2003. I couldn't get enough of that stuff in my lip! :eek: The Copenhagen was way more addictive than the cigarettes IMHO! That is a beautiful 301 my friend. It was definitely made by some the best cutlers in the business at the time it was made! :thumbsup: :)

For both Black and Northfield Fridays
Beautiful knives John! :thumbsup: Please don't start another thing for Friday! :rolleyes: I have enough trouble remembering Black Friday and Old Friends Friday! ;) :D

Two knives today. I like this cool SAK! I made a lanyard for it, and will carry it for a while I think - I like the rebellious Logo!! Also I've got my trusty Mail opener - a two knife day/week!!
Showing off my self-made wedding ring; my one-time-only lost wax casting of 18k!!;)View attachment 1374835

You carried a precious pair yesterday, Charlie. :thumbsup::) I've been thinking about getting a "Don't Tread on Me" SAK.

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial jack and Big knife this week is a Rough Rider 5" toothpick/fishknife (thanks for both, Mark):
View attachment 1375232

View attachment 1375233

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Case Barlow:
View attachment 1375234

- GT

That is a Beautiful Barlow, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back