What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying a Buck 313 today. Buck offered them the way I like my Muskrat's - with two different blades. OH
Buck-313-Muskrat.jpg
Interesting. I have a Case I’ve always called a Moose, but it also has a clip and a spey. It’s well over 4” long. Maybe it’s a Moosecrat!View attachment 1375489
Sewer plant next door, we compress their waste gas and send it offsite for them;)

I have been accused of making my own methane.:oops:

W. Saynor

46614308535_c8cb1c22f3_b.jpg
Farmer’s Jack heaven!
Have a great visit with the grandchildren, Jeff.
Thanks, Harvey! Got to put the 4yr old “big brother” in my lap on the tractor while moving a big compost pile.

Last edited:
Today marks 9 years nicotine free for me. 40 years of Marlboro and Copenhagen ( often at the same time) ended July the 10th 2011 for me. So I’m feeling a little proud of myself this morning. In honor of that pride, I decided to carry a knife that was made with pride and I’m proud to own. 1967-1971 Schrade made Buck 301. This knife has waited over 50 years for this day. A craftsman built this wonderful tool to be used in an honest days work and today it will be. View attachment 1375214
Way to go! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JayWBjO.jpg

Still humid so it’s a good time for stainless. Case barlow with me today.

Interesting. I have a Case I’ve always called a Moose, but it also has a clip and a spey. It’s well over 4” long. Maybe it’s a Moosecrat!View attachment 1375489

Years ago over on AAPK we got into a long discussion thread on what is a Moose and what is a Muskrat. Normally a Muskrat is built on a Premium Stockman (3-7/8" - 4" serpentine frame, such as the Case Muskrat, built on their 47 frame) it normally has two identical "Muskrat" blades (like a Turkish Clip blade but more slender). Then there is the Case Hawbaker Muskrat and assorted copies - once again the 47 frame with one Muskrat blade and one long Sheepfoot blade. A Moose is much like a Muskrat but bigger (and with a Clip and a Spear blade); your Case 6275 Moose is built on a 75 frame (large serpentine frame) which is also used for their jumbo Stockman. The Case Moose can also be correctly called a Texas Jack. There are so many asterisk's in knife naming that I finally decided to go with whatever the manufacturer labeled the knife. OH

Last edited:
That Case is in the stratosphere ! Very interesting plant .
You’re very kind!
The plant is a variety of sedum.

Jeff, your Case 6275 from 1975 is what Case has traditionally called a Moose. It’s 4-1/4” long. :)

Years ago over on AAPK we got into a long discussion thread on what is a Moose and what is a Muskrat. Normally a Muskrat is built on a Premium Stockman (3-7/8" - 4" serpentine frame, such as the Case Muskrat, built on their 47 frame) it normally has two identical "Muskrat" blades (like a Turkish Clip blade but more slender). Then there is the Case Hawbaker Muskrat and assorted copies - once again the 47 frame with one Muskrat blade and one long Sheepfoot blade. A Moose is much like a Muskrat but bigger (and with a Clip and a Spear blade); your Case 6275 Moose is built on a 75 frame (large serpentine frame) which is also used for their jumbo Stockman. The Case Moose can also be correctly called a Texas Jack. There are so many asterisk's in knife naming that I finally decided to go with whatever the manufacturer labeled the knife. OH

Thanks for being generous with your acquired knowledge, my friends!
I do like the big Case frame.

I proud I gave them up when I was 23. Like a lot of teenagers I smoked pretty heavy for several years. I’m glad you gave them up too Jack! :thumbsup: There’s no doubt in my mind that they’re a deadly habit. And so is the Copenhagen!
:) :thumbsup:
I stopped with the Pipe in 1973 and the Skoal in 2015 . It was not easy to do but I am so glad that it is done with .

Harry

I stopped with the Pipe in 1973 and the Skoal in 2015 . It was not easy to do but I am so glad that it is done with .

Harry
The guy in front of me at the supermarket was buying some Skoal (or was it Copenhagen?), and I told him "Cigarettes are healthier!" Facetiously, of course. :p
[I gave up cigarettes decades ago, but I do have an occasional cigar.]

Many thanks JJ :D :) You can't beat that good old steel! ;) Beautiful vintage pair my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ending my week with these three :) Have a good Friday, and a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

MaD4zuS.jpg

CgJekg4.jpg

DKyZOVz.jpg
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Quite the tempting threesome of cutlery beauties for Friday; very cool!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Two beautiful oldies JJ! That Remington Jack really checks a lot of boxes! :) :thumbsup:
Many thanks, Ron!!!
I'm carrying these two clad in black for today. I've got a LT Wright D2 Patriot with Black Micarta and a 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO with Ebony! Y'all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

50096632818_8e43eca95a_o.jpg
Those two black covered cutters look amazing together; great image of those beauties and the "LT shack" tang!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Much thanks and appreciation, JJ. Sharp looking pair of Jack’s, today.really loving the one with the bail and Federal Shield. The fine image makes me appreciate them more.
Thanks a lot, Harvey!!!
1-XL Lambfoot.
e56bd284-6489-43f1-8f87-2afbabb2ece7-jpeg.1375421

Fantastic pair of beefy jacks for you today; you certainly captured the visual beauty of their covers, excellent!:rolleyes::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back