What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Of course my gift from @eisman :):thumbsup:

50100402677_3579a72591_c.jpg

Â

Sawby Saturday, SO in love with this thing:D I think I need to find an A.G. Russell mammoth peanut with some blue/green to pair up with it;)View attachment 1375944
That Sawby is a work of art! I've always admired his work, and you have a stellar example there!
His Self Lock is one of the most ingenious locking mechanisms I've seen.
I'm curious, is the top edge sharpened? Would make it a no go where I live.

A week behind in this thread again!
Many thanks for all the kind comments in your mammoth post Gary, they're appreciated my friend :) I agree with you on the RR Smooth Tobacco Bone, and regret not keeping my 'Half Hawk' :( I think I can manage OK though :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I admire your keeping a stiff upper lip, even though you didn't keep your smooth tobacco bone Half Hawk. ;):thumbsup::D

A very cool pair of canoes, GT.
Rockin my 1-XL Lamb Foot today.
View attachment 1372158
Thanks, Harvey. :)
Superior shot of your triple-rattail stag lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carried my Navy Blue bone Mini Copperhead to church this morning.

View attachment 1372159
Striking knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Was it online church, or actual in-person church? My church recently announced that we won't even consider meeting in person until at least September, and the same is true for most churches around here, I think.

Notable pair of stag 83s, José!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks! Classic. I like that!

I love that my retirement has allowed me a second career ~ one in which these knives get used almost daily.

I didn’t remember your other curly maple knife ~ what a pair!

Lastly, yes, definitely. A Schrade 293 Trapper is just about ideal as a slide. A Zippo lighter also works, but one of the best is an 11/16 deep well socket.
Thanks for your thoughtful replies, Jeff! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Dean, I like your small copperhead so much I bought one just like it;):thumbsup:
Thank you, Paul! And I liked Gary’s ( 5K Qs 5K Qs ) so much I bought one just like his! :):D:eek:
Wow! I'm seldom accused of being a trend setter! :rolleyes: They ARE quite irresistible knives, though! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This Queen congress was my yesterday carry that carried over to today. Handy, it got me through long day with a house full.

ucdOHwf.jpg

- Stuart
Belated (by an entire week) birthday greetings, Stuart! :):cool::cool:
One of my little sisters was born on July 4; she certainly had an independent streak growing up! :rolleyes:

That is a very lovely matched set Gary; really dig those wood covers!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I may be doing some wiring splices and this should do just fine. :)
Thanks, JJ. :)
When I was in high school, the minister at our church required all of us in his "catechism class" to write an outline of the sermon each Sunday morning, including at least his 3 main points. Not hard to see the main points of your triple wharncliffe beauty! :cool::cool:;)

That congress jack (or whatever GEC calls it) is a distinguished pattern, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today with Wenger alox of 64.;):thumbsup:
Admirable old Alox, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My two newest additions, both Case, both gifts, both in the permanent stash. These will be fidget friendly today.

This will be my only post of the week. Going on a fast of all things related to technology for at least a week.
Congrats on your new stockman and Tribal Lock, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I hope the "tech fast" has rejuvenated you. :thumbsup::)

I’m carrying my Wright’s large Rosewood Lambsfoot along with a new to me beautifully made Sodbuster. It’s a Wilh. Wagner made in Solingen. ...
50082590008_568e43ba0b_o_d.jpg
Dapper duo, Ron; congrats on the new German sodbuster! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Case 6347 SS Pocketworn in Olive Green (1998). OH
Case-6347-1998.jpg
Splendid stockman, Bruce! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I like that serpentine jack, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What's engraved on the shield?

... View attachment 1373257 Don’t worry ~ I do have other blade shapes today!:cool:
Hope we all have a good day!;)
Nice pair of big clips, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that a shrine to the rodents you often call "tree rats"?? :eek:;)

Happy Tuesday Everybody
Classic pair, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

One on the belt:
eLb21Ua.jpg

Böker trapper, smooth brown bone;

and one in the pocket:
J0iVVP1.jpg

Remington Baby Bullet lockback.
Dazzling sheath/knife duos, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

For TC Tuesday, I am carrying my Blood red spearpoint Barlow.

View attachment 1373372
Superb TCs, knife and slip, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's another knife I always like to see (smooth red alox!!), Gary; cool Canada silver dollar, too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)
I'd like to find one of those Canadian dollars that has the voyageurs in a canoe. :rolleyes:

Today walk in my pocket with GEC # 25 in stag.;):thumbsup:

More wonderful stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Quality quartet Gary :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

View attachment 1373933 Here is today’s bunch, I haven’t posted much in the last week, extremely busy. But now getting ready foe a weekend of camping.
Quality quartet, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve been playing around in the Buck Custom Shop recently, considering a 501. Forum Knife today.

View attachment 1373986
Exemplary elk on your Buck Forum Knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back