What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks. I believe it was Case's best version. :cool::thumbsup:
2-bladed CV chestnut jigged bone would get my vote, too, for best SBJ. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Making room for these too:
BDtTnP9.jpg

Miguel Nieto, Spain;

And:
Jw70HOY.jpg

1990 Case peanut SFO, cocobolo scales.
I love the curly birch Nieto Climber and the propitious Peanut, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary; the Texas Jack does have a distinctive size ratio and form. I've always thought the Vic Explorer has the ultimate tool mix versus size ratio of the Swiss Army Knives (non-Alox).
Thanks, Dean. :) I often think that the Fieldmaster is the optimal SAK, but I sure like the Explorer's in-line Philips and its magnifier.
Your red TC Barlow impresses, as always! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Peachseed old and new today :thumbsup:

SFYF5jd.jpg
Bone bonanza, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

UTvfzQe.jpg

Just arrived yesterday. Think this one is going to be in the pocket for a good while.
Holy Cow! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Congrats on the laudable Lloyd! What size is that superb knife?

Just the "black keys" for Wooden Wednesday

aPObcVD.jpg
Dang! Dat's a dandy dark duo! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

0iVxVje.jpg

My submission for Wooden Wednesday- my custom Opinel job. Padauk with brass liners and spacer. Stainless steel stop pin and pivot. Also in my pockets, my constant SAK Recruit and RR barlow in my watch pocket. After flushing the Rough Ryder, I did end up with some blade play in the main, so last night I fixed that with a little "bashy bashy". Note the scuffed bolsters- I didn't have the appropriate polishing stuff, but hey- it's a work knife right?
Your custom Opinel with the liners is a standout, but the entire trio is worthy of accolades! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

W:eek:W! What wood for Wednesday!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Toting a walnut covered Robeson Electrician and a Cattaraugus Whit-L-Kraft, both pre WW II. :)
A pair beyond compare, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totin' my Case Walnut Sheepfoot today.

View attachment 1424459
Simple, yet striking, knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I carry in my pocket this Portuguese knife by Francisco Diz-Águas Vivas in stag.;):thumbsup:
Outstanding selection, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My HHB riding atop of one of my Covid projects:D
View attachment 1424861
I admire your skill, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I shall call it... X-Caliber :D
Good choice, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You opted for an optimal pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Watch Pocket knife for me this week is a Case Blackhorn:
mark.Vopen.standing.jpg

Big knife this week is an Imperial clip/pen 4" toothpick (thanks, Dave):
toothpick.Vpen.dogs.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Keen Kutter Office Knife (thanks, Mark):
kk.office.open.indoor.jpg

- GT

Wishing everyone a great Friday :thumbsup: Got my Hartshead Barlow and an Old Friend :) :thumbsup:

gGVCyIP.jpg

emoQjSs.jpg
Great pairing Jack! Have a good Friday my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Simply Beautiful! :thumbsup: A wonderful photo too. Thanks for sharing them with us! :) :thumbsup:

Dug out this Ebony White Owl yesterday, stropped it and gave it a rub down now it's in the pocket today. Good W&T and a light carry really, never understood all the sneering about Hotdog shields or the Keyhole types, before GEC came along you couldn't find much variation in shields at all unless you went decades back....

FuwtvJT.jpg
That’s a single spring classic right there Will! Simply elegant equal end, with the Hotdog Shield and that beautiful Ebony! One of GEC’s best! :thumbsup: :D

Great pairing Jack! Have a good Friday my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Simply Beautiful! :thumbsup: A wonderful photo too. Thanks for sharing them with us! :) :thumbsup:

That’s a single spring classic right there Will! Simply elegant equal end, with the Hotdog Shield and that beautiful Ebony! One of GEC’s best! :thumbsup: :D
:) Thanks

Well my Friday got off to a great start. :rolleyes: We were awaken by loud trucks on our street before 5am. We woke to find our power was out. One of my neighbors across the street had a tree split and it took out a couple of lines. The utility guys got the mess cleared and the power back on around 8:45am. Thankfully it was not off long enough to cause any issues in the fridge or freezer. :eek: I’m carrying Ebony and Sambar this morning. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50370320603_2763a9c506_c_d.jpg

View attachment 1425470
Capuchadou and Barracuda (Thanks JohnDF JohnDF )

Is anyone going to do the thing?
No?... fine... FINE...

"Oooooooooooooohhhhhh Barracuda!"

Your custom Opinel with the liners is a standout, but the entire trio is worthy of accolades! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Keen Kutter Office Knife (thanks, Mark):

Thanks GT! It took me way longer than I'd care to admit to make that handle; as per normal I over thought everything. There's got to be a term for when you over-spend and over-improve on something that didn't require either... Or if it doesn't exist, it should.

That office knife has so much character. Looks like it has a story. I love that.

A couple of equal enders today :thumbsup:
I’m carrying Ebony and Sambar this morning.

I love to see the Churchills come up. I love mine- it checks all the boxes for what I consider pros of traditional knives. I might flirt with other knives, but my heart belongs to that one.

Glad your power's back on, Ron. After having gone a week without it in August I can appreciate a timely repair!

I love to see the Churchills come up. I love mine- it checks all the boxes for what I consider pros of traditional knives. I might flirt with other knives, but my heart belongs to that one.

Glad your power's back on, Ron. After having gone a week without it in August I can appreciate a timely repair!
Thanks Dan! I love the Churchills too! :thumbsup: I’m thankful for a speedy recovery myself. The most we’ve ever had to endure was three days outage during the blizzard of ‘93. Some folks in the country were out for nearly three weeks! :eek:

Back