What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG-20140703-114639-zpsqiyyfmme.jpg

Great pairing Jack! Have a good Friday my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Well my Friday got off to a great start. :rolleyes: We were awaken by loud trucks on our street before 5am. We woke to find our power was out. One of my neighbors across the street had a tree split and it took out a couple of lines. The utility guys got the mess cleared and the power back on around 8:45am. Thankfully it was not off long enough to cause any issues in the fridge or freezer. :eek: I’m carrying Ebony and Sambar this morning. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50370320603_2763a9c506_c_d.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron :) Oh no! :eek: Glad it didn't go on too long :thumbsup: Those two pair nicely together my friend :thumbsup:

Same Buffalo horn Lambfoot knife, different light.

https://i.imgur.com/1vH73vX.jpg[/img]']

Looking good Les :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Avatar again today - the excellent Ancient TC 2.0.

View attachment 1425687

Excellent it is Dean, and that's a stunning pic :) :thumbsup:

That looks like an interesting edition Vince, any Barlow pics? :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!!! I was whittling on some packages! :D

Great Friday combo adding the cigar to your HHB; digging the "worm groove" on the harness' covers, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two old black composite covered jacks today. :)

Many thanks JJ :D Very handsome pair of Jacks there :) :thumbsup:

Great Black Friday pairings gents :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm off out for a hike (slightly later than anticipated). Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

VjUzO5C.jpg

R8Cznb9.jpg

zsh7JE5.jpg

It is a commitment.
I look at all the other knives calling my name.
Then I remember why I'm dedicating this time to one knife.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The memories associated with a knife are a powerful incentive for carry.

An old black catt.
khXnOiZ.jpg
That gleaming edge on the stumpy blade is very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thrilling threesome, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a standout photo of a couple of notable knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Queen #10 and a Camillus Trapper

zMjHCEM.jpg
A pair of golden brown jacks for the win, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pairing black and silver is always a good idea, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Tomatoes gotta be sliced.
8pPJrQr.jpg
Looks like the right tool for the job, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic foursome of multi bladed beauties; really digging the bone covers on your two Cases, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Those are all nice View attachment 1425286

I think Case does an excellent job with bone and especially jigged bone View attachment 1425286
Thanks for the support, guys. :) Case's chestnut jigged bone is probably my current favorite, and the amber bone is always solid.
JJ, your yellow Carver is a champ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nope, that quest is for the model before the Alox became the Soldier knife:)
That's an ambitious quest; best wishes!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Are you after the 1951-61 model or the "original original" that goes back into the 1800s (I think)?

Transparent blade material. :D

Splendid photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today with Victorinox alox dual color "Kingfisher".;):thumbsup:
Your 2-tone Kingfisher is a distinctive knife, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Quality quartet GT :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Wishing everyone a great Friday :thumbsup: Got my Hartshead Barlow and an Old Friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Your Friday pair is handsome! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dug out this Ebony White Owl yesterday, stropped it and gave it a rub down now it's in the pocket today. Good W&T and a light carry really, never understood all the sneering about Hotdog shields or the Keyhole types, before GEC came along you couldn't find much variation in shields at all unless you went decades back....

FuwtvJT.jpg
That ebony White Owl is ravishing, Will! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a classic, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) That Uncle Henry is IMHO the Platonic ideal of a medium stockman.

Ulster Knife USA

Cocobolo Electrician/Lineman’s Jack with TL-29 embossed in the wood, and Stockman made for Sears.View attachment 1425479View attachment 1425480View attachment 1425481Have a great Friday!
Noble pair, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Back