What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

n6iiDPJ.jpg

I did a double take on this picture- for a second my eye was tricked into believing the lambsfoot was a skinner blade, too. Doesn’t help that the handle sways in the same direction to the long straight on the blade.

beautiful knives, cool effect!
Thank you! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Steve. :) That Imperial clip/pen toothpick is one of my favorites, especially because one of my grandpas used to carry one that I remember as being identical to it when I was a lad.

Thanks, Jack & Dan & Dean & JJ. :) I think I'm fortunate to have an example of that iconic pattern.

All the pocket time you're giving that 29 seems to agree with it, Mike; looking fantastic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

With that pair in your pocket, Ron, you ought to have plenty of power!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I occasionally suffer "paralysis by analysis", but at least in your case, the paralysis wasn't total and you got an impressive result despite "excessive investment" of various resources! :rolleyes:

The new place must feel much more like home with your knives all available, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info; that IS pretty much the perfect size! :)

Thanks for the effusive compliments, Dean! :) I agree with you that my pairs of stockmans and canoes this week are clearly notable, as is your Ancient TC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron; I owe at least a quarter of it to you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Superb pair of vintage dark jacks, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Wow! You have a lot of fall color already, and that knife is gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's an impressive pair of heavy-duty whittlers, Dee! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid quartet of tools for your hike, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lovely stag Joker lockback! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Never thought about patina like that! ;):cool::thumbsup:
Premium pile side stag on your new HHB! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A fitting knife for a man who would be King, John! :rolleyes::cool::cool:

Some sensuous sinuosity on that one, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cool pic and story of the naming of a ravishing knife, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Looks good! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I may need to pick up a punch stockman when the opportunity arises. ;)

Pretty as a picture, Dan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sublime knife, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Phenomenal pair of aged knives, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great story and photo, Dan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I probably have more RR canoes than any other kind of knife, so I can relate to your daughter's enthusiasm. Tell her she should think of herself as a "canoesseur"! :D

- GT

Thank you. It really is a beauty. Cut up a few grapefruit over the last few days, so it is developing some excellent patina. :D

The fall colors are beautiful right now and kinda jumped on us by surprise. In another week or so, the colors will be exquisite! :D
Nature sure has a way to put a smile on our faces before she dumps feet of snow on us. ;)

Hope you have a great week!

S&F

Thanks a lot Jack! I enjoyed carrying them together. Thanks again for the photos from your hike over the weekend. It’s good to see your #66 Jack. With its pen and clip it’s a good compliment to the Lambsfoot straight edge blade! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron :) :thumbsup:

Good morning folks! I’m carrying Micarta and Stag for today. Hope y’all have a good one! :) :thumbsup:

50393561182_6a60830c76_c_d.jpg

That looks like a very useful pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:

Love your green #66 Jack, Jack. :)

Thank you kindly John, it was the first GEC I bought (Duncan @Campbellclanman very generously gifted me my first), and remains one of my favourites :) :thumbsup:

I’ve been away for a while, everything is good just a crazy year :). Carrying these two today.

Welcome back Tom :) Nice to see your taste in cutlery is unchanged ;) :D :thumbsup:

Back