What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You can fix that!

Look at it this way, Jack. Now, with a conscience unclouded by regrets over modding a vintage classic, you have license to make of it anything you wish.
All you need is your bench grinder, a pail of water to keep from over heating the steel, and your imagination.:D

I’m thinking a Viking/Anglo Saxon seax would be fun.
View attachment 1446104

See, Jack? It’s a BF consensus!:cool:

I can imagine that sweet old slicer with a round tip and new covers. Looks like a fine old piece of steel.

Wow, that is quite a fixed blade! It looks like a small sword; still very cool!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

Thanks a lot guys :D :thumbsup: My mate (with the tool stall) has plans for it, but I suspect they will be modest. Whoever set about that old knife made a real mess of the point, foreshortened it noticeably, and probably ruined the temper I suspect :( :thumbsup:

I have these two bombs in pocket today. Nuclear....

z1cRoYH.jpg

Two great-looking knives :D :) :thumbsup:

A vintage Ulster Sheepfoot/Pen Barlow (thanks Ivan) and Robeson Scout:thumbsup:
rLqhwn.jpg

Absolutely smashing Paul :) :thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 303 (thanks, Clay):
View attachment 1446045

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Case CV in chestnut jigged bone (thanks, Ron):
View attachment 1446048

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider Bolster Stripes model:
View attachment 1446049

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Case canoe from 1975:
View attachment 1446051

- GT

Quality quartet GT, I'm enjoying your new line-up :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a good week :) Here in Leeds, England, we're due to go into a higher level of lockdown after the weekend - I knew this Coronavirus would end in tiers! o_O Carrying my trusty Hartshead Barlow again today, and an Old Friend in the form of my Todd Davison Sheepsfoot :) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

cbixa5e.jpg

iy7Fmvx.jpg

I ISKRA mmmh nice pickings Žan and I know those are chestnuts ;) and some fine field mushrooms:thumbsup: Chestnut are not only great raw or roasted but make great stuffing or sweets.

Regards, Will

Nice looking knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
Some day I may spring for a Davison, but not any day soon. ;)

Thank you John, it really is a well-made knife :) :thumbsup:

It's finally Friday!!!
Celebrating with the Ironwood Lambsfoot and the Case Dogleg Jack.

Quality canids John ;) :) :thumbsup:

My youngest son turns 7 today.
View attachment 1446292

Many Happy Returns to your son Joshua :) :thumbsup:

These two in Ebony for me today. Y’all have a great Friday! :) :thumbsup:

50250541783_3a8695e66a_o_d.jpg

Great Black Friday pair Ron :) :thumbsup:

I deliberately bought the drop-point Russlock because I didn't want to spend money on a blade that looks like it will wear out before I do (I know, but my soul needs frequent applications of flattering unctions). Then I don't carry it because it has a gauche profile. Well, I have a gauche profile too. It's time to embrace my fellow proletarian.
nZpDwqv.jpg

Back