What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

LgYYskJ.jpg

It is a treasure to me. Although considerably worn still has great snap. Barlows were meant to be used and the more wabi sabi, the better in my opinion.

In all its glory:
Remington c. 1924 - 1933 Barlow

32572870592_77b6b23abe_b.jpg
I love that it has seen that usage and wears it well. Testament to a life lived as was intended;) Nothing like a sharp piece of functional history in your pocket!
Here is my Wostenholm Barlow from across the pond which has seen a similar happy life

I’m continuing to praise Mr. TB today. Carrying it along with one from another legend, my friend Mr. CC! :) Y’all stay safe out there my friends! :D :thumbsup:

50641428996_3ef734413d_o_d.jpg

Stunning Ron :thumbsup:

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!!

A classic old Kent fish knife with you trusty HHB, looking awesome in your wonderful image!:cool::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sincere thanks JJ, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Scratted Ancient Barlow for TC Tuesday this week.

View attachment 1461426

A striking photo of that beauty Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Toting these two for Tuesday, a Robeson electrician and a Cattaraugus Whit-L-Craft. :)

A lovely pair of workers JJ :) The Whit-L-Craft is a very interesting knife, as well as attractive. Great-looking Robeson too, and in fabulous condition :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Rosewood and ebony for me today, a short-run Lambsfoot SFO I had done last year, I think, and Charlie's impressive Black Jack :) :thumbsup:

UwB4Cqo.jpg

BVsAzWR.jpg

R.I.P Tony Bose.

Few of my favorite videos featuring the legend.

Fascinating videos, thanks for the links. I particularly enjoyed the technical stuff in the first video, and seeing Tony's shop. His tireless enthusiasm for making knives very much reminded me of Stan Shaw :thumbsup:

Back