What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I haven't posted my literal EDCs for a while, so here they are – 4 knives that never rotate out of my carry schedule:
2018-11-edc-flash-jpg.1480269

Excellent choice, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

The trail in Folsom...

Cool! Cash is one of my favourites. Since I was little. Who doesn't like Johnny Cash? Even when he played a murderer on Columbo, Columbo liked him. He said "anyone that can sing like that can't be all bad." (The victim was a horrible person! :p)

I came across this photo of Johnny Cash a while back, I think he was moose hunting in Canada. I had saved the photo because I thought it was cool, and as a bonus, it contains traditional knife content. :cool: :thumbsup:

2NLIHwl.jpg

It’s too early (i.e., dark) for a new photo, but I think I’m going to drop one of these two in my pocket for the first time today.

uGKhAbX.jpg

Cool! Cash is one of my favourites. Since I was little. Who doesn't like Johnny Cash? Even when he played a murderer on Columbo, Columbo liked him. He said "anyone that can sing like that can't be all bad." (The victim was a horrible person! :p)
I don’t know if you knew it, or it’s just one of those unexplicables, but up here, there’s a Columbo re-run on tv every Sunday evening. That was yesterday’s episode.

I don’t know if you knew it, or it’s just one of those unexplicables, but up here, there’s a Columbo re-run on tv every Sunday evening. That was yesterday’s episode.
Did not know that, Jeff. I probably saw the original airing (mid-70's?), and several reruns. Can still hear him singing: "I saw the light...."

Moving my son back to Santa Clara today to finish his last semester of college (undergrad).
This will be his first apartment after having lived in the dorms the last three years. He's excited.
Choosing a knife that is Bay Area friendly and I know will be useful for opening up boxes and cutting rope.

No, that's just a foot bridge they put in. But the trail does cross the river on the old railroad tracks that they repurposed into a foot bridge. Pretty cool.

Fascinating John, and a fabulous photo. A lot of history there. It was interesting to read about the railroad bums, and it reminded me of how important the railroads were in terms of the growth of the vast inland areas of the USA :thumbsup:

Moving my son back to Santa Clara today to finish his last semester of college (undergrad).
This will be his first apartment after having lived in the dorms the last three years. He's excited.
Choosing a knife that is Bay Area friendly and I know will be useful for opening up boxes and cutting rope.

Safe travels :thumbsup:

Back