What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1498431 View attachment 1498433

This knife was a very kind gift from my friend Yann, Corto_Malt Corto_Malt . It is a French regional knife known as a Langres. The handles are beautiful horn. According to Yann, it is around 30 years old. He bought it from one of the leaders of Les Vielle Lames; the old blades. There is a thread somewhere in here about that organization which seeks to preserve old knives and old ways. The Porch stretches all around the world, as do our friendships. Thank you Yann.

Last edited:
Carried a Case 47 pattern Pen today, nice and flat with all the attributes of a big clip blade. OH
Case_06247PEN_-_1975.jpg

Thank you very much, Jack!!! :)

It's always great to see a Buck, which pairs up nicely with that cool US "Charlie Lamb!":cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a burly Trapper and a sleek Toothpick, both made under Bill Howard's masterful eye. :)

Thank you my friend, I always enjoy seeing that beefy Trapper, and the Toothpick is a good foil :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Dan :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my jigged bone WCLF again today, along with a large Maserin Sodbuster I was gifted by @Pàdruig :) :thumbsup:

vxvHpl2.jpg

K5FdYsp.jpg

View attachment 1498431 View attachment 1498433

This knife was a very kind gift from my friend Yann, Corto_Malt Corto_Malt . It is a French regional knife known as a Langres. The handles are beautiful horn. According to Yann, it is around 30 years old. He bought it from one of the leaders of Les Vielle Lames; the old blades. There is a thread somewhere in here about that organization which seeks to preserve old knives and old ways. The Porch stretches all around the world, as do our friendships. Thank you Yann.

Nice pictures :cool:
Thanks for everything Greg :)

today680.jpg

Back