What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

When I'm not sure what I want to carry, I usually just grab this medium stockman.
B8CIhkG.jpg

Excellent pairing, tasteful. Big fan of both Timex Indiglo and Lionsteel:thumbsup: Timex watches are tough, practical and take a beating and the illumination is great outdoors in the dark. Wearing a watch of some kind is an essential for me - I always have worn them right wrist even though I'm mainly right handed (fairly ambidextrous though) I hear that these days most people just carry a phone and ignore watches, that's not for me at all, dislike carrying a phone about my body anyway- nice radiation source ;) it stays in a coat, bag or on the table. The Lionsteel is light in weight but excellently finished and constructed, a pleasing carry.

Thanks, Will

Thanks!

Beautiful Gev :) :thumbsup:

You took the words right out of my mouth Steve! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you JJ, two gorgeous knives there, I love the bone on the Barlow :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Wow! Great combination Dylan :) :thumbsup:

My Random Tuesday knife turned out to be a Carl Kammerling Electrician's Knife, so I thought I'd pair it with some Rosewood :) :thumbsup:

1KQgeGx.jpg

CL6Gn8q.jpg
Thank you Sir ! Fine pairing today. Excellent electrician !!

View attachment 1506410 View attachment 1506409

This is a very nice version of the TC Barlow. The Sawcut Osage makes it a pleasure to use and tote. It suits a Barlow well.

Good luck with your decision on that Albers JohnDF JohnDF . You are a true collector now. I hate the way little things that never bothered me before now affect the way I feel about a knife. Slightly off center blade, barely detectable blade play, (but it’s there!), tiny gaps here or there, backspring not absolutely and perfectly flush, OY VEY! I call it collector’s brain rot. All I can say is that you cannot fight it. When a collector sees an issue it is never forgotten! Once I sour on a knife, I usually just go ahead and move it along. There is always another one in the pipeline!

Last edited:
Thank you JJ, two gorgeous knives there, I love the bone on the Barlow :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks so much, Jack!!!
My Random Tuesday knife turned out to be a Carl Kammerling Electrician's Knife, so I thought I'd pair it with some Rosewood :) :thumbsup:

1KQgeGx.jpg

CL6Gn8q.jpg
A very interesting Electrician with the stamped instructions, as your "Random" knife; quite a tasty Lamb looking excellent in the Rosewood covers, too! :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't settle for less than the Krack-a-Jack 76, John!
Oh my gosh... I so wish!!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You are a true collector now.
Oh nooooooo.... :eek:
But really, it's all dependent on price and my expectations of the maker.
If I get a Case knife with small gaps it doesn't bother me at all.
But a GEC with gaps might put me off that particular knife.

afterward go to the Brass Rail a Basque Restaurant for Lamb Stew.
That sounds good. :cool::thumbsup:
One of these days I'll drive up there and hit these restaurants.

Very nice gift from paulhilborn paulhilborn !
Emil Voos made great knives.

Thanks Jeff and your right, VOOS made a great knife, although I'm only familiar with their Jack like Greg posted. I had a few of them, gifted some and kept a couple. Some however were made with the blade slightly arch downward when open (not straight with the frame when open) and I never understood why. Production issue or intentional for a certain cutting advantage??? I'm not sure I'll ever know the answer:confused: Some however were without the issue I mentioned to just add to my confusion:)

Albers Cut Co with ebony today paired with a favorite small Tinker:thumbsup:
0BOjr1.jpg

Back