What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

today956.jpg

today955.jpg

Rainy Saturday, bad light....
Black & white : Mozzetta by Gigi Sechi and "Jacknife" by Jérôme Bellon.
Have a nice week-end :)

Very nice.

Otter Anker Messer today. I think these represent good value with good QC for a readily available knife

51106742101_aeeae63370_k.jpg

Wow, gorgeous photo! You really got the colors to pop, the contrasts, dark to the brass, and to the leather color... Just gorgeous lighting and composition!

Nice knife too. I really should get one while I can. Keep seeing them and saying maybe someday...

Exquisite painted horn, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Today for Black Friday... Black Alox Cadet and Charlie Lamb.

Thank you John, what a great Black Friday pairing :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Just got this Fontinelle Pataud 5 Coqs (5 Roosters) off the Exchange. At 4.44" it's a good sized knife. The F&F and mechanics are just perfect.
Makes a great picnic knife!
8SNuWbW.jpg

IoqwqWz.jpg

GuKk6LN.jpg

Nice pick-up Gary :) :thumbsup:

Sounds good, Jack. And I love book recommendations, keep’em coming!

From the same publisher, I very much enjoyed this one, which contains some fascinating history :thumbsup:

ihZJxv5.jpg

Heading into the weekend with the indomitable #42 Missouri Trapper--have a great Friday, everyone!
1dQFDYG.jpg

I love that blade profile, great lines :cool: :thumbsup:

That's hilarious, Jack! There was quite a wealth of non-fiction Western characters helping create a vast amount of great Western fiction books!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your horn covered Lamb is quite a startling beauty, while your classic Sheffield spear looks as tasty as that bread!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He was certainly a funny character JJ :rolleyes: Thank you for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

Going with these two slicers today; a kind of "surf and turf" combo. :)

Two beautiful knives I could stare at all day :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Yes and no, Jack. It's a knife that is most certainly inspired by Kephart's design but in a considerably scaled down version. I have a couple more of these in different size (one larger and one mid sized) in the works from the same maker. It is his take on the Kephart design - with some of his personal design changes.

Here is the little Auk3 beside the Becker Kephart.

yVD4WIc.jpg

Personally, I like the jigging that I see Case do a bit better than what GEC produces and far better than what Queen/S&M produced in recent decades. I agree with you in that I usually do not like Case's dyes but every once in awhile, I find a gem.

ZmBXYlT.jpg

Some of the nicest jigging that I own is on this Lambsfoot that @glennbad did up for me - I can't recall where he sourced the bone but I like that there are no smooth spots.

BeeyXO5.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pic Dylan, two useful knives there for sure :) I love that green bone on your Case Copperhead, and it's great to see your @glennbad -modded Lamb again :cool: :thumbsup:

I've been carrying this Taylor Schrade 89OT stockman (that came with a deck of cards) this week:
View attachment 1543230

Also carrying a Colt stag canoe this week:
View attachment 1543232

- GT

I bought one of those for a friend's lad Gary, he was very pleased with both cards and knife! :) Nice-looking Colt Canoe too amigo :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1543386 View attachment 1543387 View attachment 1543388 View attachment 1543389 View attachment 1543390 View attachment 1543391 Been chasing a case saddlehorn for quite sometime but I wanted it in CV steel finally found one I really like pocket worn gray bone Crandall jigged. F&F is great blades centered very happy with this one

I'm glad you managed to find one Al :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

ZOdf0ph.jpg

hQea1U2.jpg

Back