What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I took this to the farm yesterday because I don't care what happens to it. It's the only Case knife I've ever owned or handled that I think they should have been ashamed to put their name on.
I'd throw it in the pond, but I don't want to offend the gods.
mGbA3RV.jpg

I'm glad to hear from 5K Qs 5K Qs that they aren't all this bad.
I can't show you the 112 with pocket clip I'll be carrying today.

i have several of the “I don’t care what happens to this knife” by various makers. I put them around my barn, in the glovebox, and in the tool box, just in case!

Cool photo, Jon! ⚾ :thumbsup: When the new stadium was being built, my dad bought me a personalized brick on the walkway outside the stadium for my birthday. My brick isn’t too far from the Stan Musial statue, down by the Team Store.
That’s awesome. I have a brick as well outside gate 2. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.

I have the 29 I’m carrying today in my St. Louis slip
7ksslYL.jpg

View attachment 1613362View attachment 1613363
Both fishing knives were gifts from my wife. Quite some years ago, back before she started thinking maybe I have enough knives.
But they were thoughtful gifts that come from knowing someone very well, and I love using them.
Always the best kind of gifts, Jeff. My late father-n-law bought me a SAK fisherman with my name on it probably 25, or maybe more, years ago when they were in Europe. He got himself a Wenger with his name on it. I now have both. 😊

Alox for me this week is a Vic Money Clip:
moneyclip.mark.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week isn't technically a SAK, but a Victorinox Florist:
florist.mark.Vstand.pond.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a Chinese SAK clone made by Sheffield:
sheffield.open.all.jpg

International knife of the Week is an Okapi Biltong:
biltong.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Good wife Jeff - nice working knives! Good luck fishing today too! OH
Good wife indeed, Bruce. As Bob Cratchett said in my favorite version of A Christmas Carol (the one with Georce C Scott), “I am truly a blessed man).
I kick myself every year for not hitting the river in the early spring when big northern pike come way upstream to spawn, and walleye school below the dam. Always busy getting the garden started. But now, I can usually catch some smallmouth bass. With our drought, the water is low, so it means wading a long way between holes that hold fish. I went Monday, and headed for a spot where I’ve always caught bass ~ a long, sweeping cutbank where it’s 4 or 5 feet deep right up against the overhanging grass. It’s a long wade in knee deep water to get there, and I was disappointed to find the river had changed, as rivers do, but still hooked a monster. I’m thinking close to 20”, but it jumped, and swam away free with my jig in his mourh.
I’m thinking I should buy a waterproof camera to get proof of my fish before releasing them. I’m afraid to take my ifone, because I sometimes fall in.
Always the best kind of gifts, Jeff. My late father-n-law bought me a SAK fisherman with my name on it probably 25, or maybe more, years ago when they were in Europe. He got himself a Wenger with his name on it. I now have both. 😊

Knives to remember a loved one by are best knives.

Last edited:
Back