What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Bit of a change for me today. a J jsdistin re-built Lambsfoot re-covered in giraffe bone, and my trusty #66 :) :thumbsup:

7zabtJE.jpg

FDrd5kg.jpg

"Wooden Wednesday" carry. The two in pocket and the Scout Knife, also qualify for "Thrifty Thursday", I think.

Sarge "Official" BSA Barlow. Has the BSA Eagle Fluer De Lis, but no other BSA stamp or etch. The box (which I no longer posess) claimed "Official BSA" on a foil BSA seal on the mark side bolster.
Was not on Sarge's website as current production, the last time I looked.

Schrade Walden jacknife. Tang Stamp is c1917 to 1946. EDIT: I'm Pretty sure it is a model/pattern 2151chain. Wood is Cocobolo.
I found it in the 1926 catalog, (earliest I could find) page17. They refer to it as a "jacknife"

August 2020 Buck 110 Web Special.
View attachment 1613306

(not shown because of non-wood covers: Rough Ryder RR533 Amber jigged bone Scout knife.)

Last edited:
That's a great pattern, and your bone looks particularly nice. Did you dye it?

Good looking pair. I really like the jigged bone they did on that #74 SFO. :thumbsup:

Nice bean haul, Harry! Looks like you’ve been putting that little #83 to good use already, too.

Did you put the lotion in the basket? No, wait, sorry… different Buffalo Bill. 😁

You’re not gonna leave it on top of the wood shed, are you? 🤨😁

That’s a great looking knife with an even better story. :thumbsup:

That one’s a real looker, Paul! I think I have that same knife, yet to be used. I should probably do something about that. 🙂 Hope you’re doing well, my friend. :thumbsup:

That looks so much better than the #05 keychain knives! 😁 (Just my opinion, of course.) 😉

Nice pairing, Jack! 🙂 I hope that #85 is working well for you. :thumbsup:

Cool photo, Jon! ⚾ :thumbsup: When the new stadium was being built, my dad bought me a personalized brick on the walkway outside the stadium for my birthday. My brick isn’t too far from the Stan Musial statue, down by the Team Store.

Great collection shot, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is there any rhyme or reason behind which knives are Batman-side knives and which go on Superman’s side? 😁

After having an all-Lambsfoot Sunday for Yorkshire Day, I pulled out this #77 that I hadn’t carried in a while.

eS0aikW.jpg
Thanks! I did dye it. It started as amber bone, and I added some Fiebing’s mahogany dye to it.

Spectacular pair. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :thumbsup: We're going camping for a few days and I chose those two to take along, plus a couple of fixed blades that'll see some use as well. I'll be off line but will have some pics upon return.🎯🪓

Good looking pair. I really like the jigged bone they did on that #74 SFO. :thumbsup:

After having an all-Lambsfoot Sunday for Yorkshire Day, I pulled out this #77 that I hadn’t carried in a while.

eS0aikW.jpg
Thanks, Barrett. :thumbsup: That 74 has maybe been my most carried and used knife in my collection.
A couple classics in your pic, the 77 and Weber kettle. Gotta love that pairing.👍

I took this to the farm yesterday because I don't care what happens to it. It's the only Case knife I've ever owned or handled that I think they should have been ashamed to put their name on.
I'd throw it in the pond, but I don't want to offend the gods.
mGbA3RV.jpg

I'm glad to hear from 5K Qs 5K Qs that they aren't all this bad.
I can't show you the 112 with pocket clip I'll be carrying today.

Nice pairing, Jack! 🙂 I hope that #85 is working well for you. :thumbsup:

eS0aikW.jpg
Thanks pal, I really like it, I don't have many knives with acrylic covers, and the #85 is very eye-catching :) Thanks for joining in with Yorkshire Day Barrett, I enjoyed seeing your pics, and you did a great job of the Yorkshire Pudding :) Nice #77 :cool: :thumbsup:

Wooden Wednesday (Bocote) and two(2) dental appointments today
Morning with Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in the next town over
Afternoon with local dentist
After almost 9mos, my snap in denture adventure is coming to a close
By the end of this day, I should have my permanent snap in dentures in place

NF8QNE3.jpg

Back