What was your first Himalayan imports purchase?

What blade was your first H.I. purchase, and who made it? My first was a Bhakta made AK bowie. A blade that I respect and enjoy very much. Edit-This was 2010 or 2011.

Last edited:
I dont remember but it was either a 15" AK by Rajkumar or a 17" Chitlangi by Tirtha. I gifted the AK to my son-in-law. At that time KLO came to have new meaning. Thats Khukri Like Object for newbies. HIKV kicks in shortly thereafter.

I wish I could remember, I know I was introduced to HI after a former member sent me an Amtrak kami AK. Never looked at Khuk's before and never looked anywhere else but HI. Guess I was lucky and got it right the first time.

15" Chiruwa Tin Chirra by Vim Bhadur Kami. Satisal wood. 2008
I was just looking at it this morning. I don't carry it much anymore, but it has logged many miles.
Still sharp even though it has some chipping from impacts with concrete. I would trust it to cut my way through a truck.

I totally remember mine!
15.5" Kumar made villager model. Cost $75 in 2002, and Uncle Bill didn't know me from Adam so it was COD. I had never had anything delivered COD, so I vividly remember writing a check and getting a receipt from the postman. I still have that khuk somewhere in my trunk.

Mine was a 17" Gelbu Special made by Bura in '99, took it hiking once and was blown away by the performance. Started the obsession.

My first was an Ultimate Fighter by Rajkumar, bought in September, 2011. A few years later I traded it for a much smaller, but very nice HI blade. I since acquired two other UFs, by Kumar and Vim Kami. The Vim version is my favorite, and it came with a fantastic sheath made by a forumite. Unfortunately I can't find my photos of the Vim UF. Must have misfiled them on my PC or accidentally deleted them. Oh, well, I can always take more pics. Here is the first one, that I traded away. It's 18" OAL and 31 oz.

UltimateFighter18-Rajkumar31-01cr-Satisaal.jpg

Ahah, I found some pics of my favorite UF, the one by Vim Kami

UltimateFighter17.5in-Vim36oz-01-Walnut.jpg UltimateFighter17.5in-Vim36oz-03-Walnut.jpg UltimateFighter17.5in-Vim36oz-05-Walnut.jpg

It's a heavy one, 17.5" OAL and 36 oz, but very well balanced. The handle is a beautifully shaped and polished walnut, and the sheath is great. I think the sheath was made by wildmanh, but not sure.

Last edited:
I do recall after only being a member for a very short time I won a beautiful Kothimodo Katana in a Silver scabbard. One I will always cherish. I felt guilty at the time winning it, almost didn't even enter as I didn't feel worthy. First thing I ever won in my life.
Been very fortunate in all things HI.

Purpose-Posts like these tell a story-in essence, a history of peoples experience with H.I. handmade blades and the journey that follows. Sharing this experience with others of like mind helps to keep the information alive and circulating. I appreciate all the posts up to this point and all that may follow.

My first was an Ultimate Fighter by Rajkumar, bought in September, 2011. A few years later I traded it for a much smaller, but very nice HI blade. I since acquired two other UFs, by Kumar and Vim Kami. The Vim version is my favorite, and it came with a fantastic sheath made by a forumite. Unfortunately I can't find my photos of the Vim UF. Must have misfiled them on my PC or accidentally deleted them. Oh, well, I can always take more pics. Here is the first one, that I traded away. It's 18" OAL and 31 oz.

View attachment 1389821

Ahah, I found some pics of my favorite UF, the one by Vim Kami

View attachment 1390005 View attachment 1390004 View attachment 1390003

It's a heavy one, 17.5" OAL and 36 oz, but very well balanced. The handle is a beautifully shaped and polished walnut, and the sheath is great. I think the sheath was made by wildmanh, but not sure.
David I also saved your photos from where you purchased it. If there is an additional one I’ll post it.
Edit: David I have the same 3 photos.

Last edited:
My first was a BAS blem. I didn't read the rules and didn't send an email, missing the blem sale of the day. Auntie was incredibly kind, realizing I was a noob, and offered another blem she had around at a ridiculous price. A Bahkta BAS. Loved that blade. 50 blades later and I am still obsessed!

Back