What watch do you wear?

Omega pilot CK700AD w/ caliber 35.5S T1 movement. From 1934. This is one of a few Omegas in my collection which can truly be considered rare (a too oft used term).

Wow, stunning! How does the strap attach as it appears to have a solid bar at the lugs? Custom strap that needs to be sewn on?

Old-time military watches (and some modern ones, e.g. Bertucci) are fixed bar watches with a bar or wire welded into the lugs. They are worn with an open-ended leather strap or a one piece strap made of leather or nylon.

One piece:

nato-straps.jpg

Open-ended, secured by a metal clip:

OE-Strap-3.jpg

Open-ended, secured by a Chicago screw:

Open%20Ended%20Bund-5.jpg

Yes, that's why you see screw heads on pilot watch straps. Nowadays they're mostly nonfunctional decorations.

aviator-watch-straps.jpg

How does the strap attach as it appears to have a solid bar at the lugs? Custom strap that needs to be sewn on?

Spring bars as used in most watches these days are a weak point. Break one spring bar and you lose the watch. The NATO/ZULU type straps have an advantage because you have to break both spring bars to lose the watch head. I've heard of police officers getting into scuffles with people, breaking springbars and losing their watches. So a fixed lug is more durable. I wonder if they were used in the past to save money, or maybe even before springbars were invented. I've seen a lot of straps with rivets but it makes sense that some would be sewn on as well.

nqe7oo.jpg

Need this thing repaired.
-fix a broken latch (left side never stays in place)
-replace 2 bars on the bracelet
-and fix a broken part on bracelet.

Last edited:
I’ve got a couple of Vincero’s. Very nicely done and affordable. Plus the three guys who run the company and founded it are all Gonzaga grads. Go Bulldogs!

Usually one of these. I just snagged the Marathan TSAR, and its pretty much become my go-to when I'm not working. Suunto Core is probably #2.

Watches10.17.2.JPG Watches10.17.1.JPG

Cheers,
BOSS

nqe7oo.jpg

Need this thing repaired.
-fix a broken latch (left side never stays in place)
-replace 2 bars on the bracelet
-and fix a broken part on bracelet.

You need to show/tell us more. For example, brand and model number of the watch (and bracelet if it's aftermarket), width of bracelet at lug end and buckle end, and photograph(s) like these:

ome1581953.jpg

$_1.JPG

Some of the above in your own thread requesting recommendations would probably get an answer.

still having problems picking a 3rd party hosting sight thats free! i have a sieko SKX-007 put together by DAGAZ watch LTD i picked in 2011,as he did some grate dial work on it,and vary hard to beat for its price tag.

Back