What will Carothers bring to Blade 2018

Oh man, most of them are Osage orange, Justin's head would explode...

I think the one in the steak photo has the perfect set of scales for me (times 4 to a set). Osage orange is lovely but if going for the natural look, I would prefer something in stone, perhaps black jade, with a nice gold inlay.:D:D:D

or better yet...................A D-2 SKINNER, lol.

Last edited:
If anybody is for sure planning to attend Blade this year (I will be traveling) let me know via PM
I have a favor to ask you:thumbsup:

If anybody is for sure planning to attend Blade this year (I will be traveling) let me know via PM
I have a favor to ask you:thumbsup:

My wife and I will be attending. Let me know if you want me to pick something up for you, we always proxy for folks of various forums! Hopefully Nathan will have some MCs there, I'm going to pick one up!

Is this listing still accurate? Less than 2 months away:eek:

HDFK
EDC2
12" Behemoth Chopper

10" Medium Chopper
V4E Men's Blade Sports Competition Cutter

Original D2 skinner
Original 6" Utility Fighter
Original Potato Knife

10" Integral Dagger

Some long shots include:
DEK1
New Field Knife
V4E Women's Blade Sports Competition Cutter

Also might bring some knife maker's gear such as platens and chillers

Last edited:
TommyGun56 TommyGun56 I think Jo clarified (on pg2) that there will not be any Original Field Knives: Sorry everyone! We are truly out of those original Field Knives. Nathan was mistaken.

That was just a partial list of possibilities, we will probably only be bringing a few different patterns. We will however be bringing some CPK collector edition viewing safety gear such as cut resistant Kevlar socks, steel toed shoes, and safety corks as well as the usual butterfly bandages and tourniquets.

I suppose we'll have to foot the bill for any direct or indirect costs associated with obtaining the required safety certifications?

Back