What would you like to see from Cold Steel in 2018?

Reissue of the Pro Guard in BD1, full flat grind, bumped up to 4mm thickness.

Yes! What a great design. I used one of those as a work knife at a retail job for a while, and it was excellent. I used paracord to fasten a tek-lock to it so I didn't have to carry it like a neck knife.

Also, I would still love to see a tip-up version of the Tuff Lite. I would even moreso like to see a Tuff Lite XL, with something like a 3.5" blade (choil included)

I doubt CS will be making a 3V Trail Master or Recon Scout. A 3V Trail Master would probably be about the same price and be in competition with the San Mai III Trail Master.

For 1/2 the price, I think most would opt for the O1 over 3V on both the TM and RS. If you look at the price difference between the SK5 Recon Tanto and the 3V Recon Tanto, you'll get an idea how much more a 3V TM or RS would be (more than double).

If higher price equalled better sales, I think the micarta/titanium folders they made in the past would still be in their lineup.

I’m jonesing for a new xl folder! The frenzy is great, have carried almost every day for a solid year, which is a record for me. Now I’m ready for a new one, cmon let’s go.

Why??? The Frenzy is the only new XL folder CS brought out last year. So you're not asking them for more XL folders, instead you want them to weenie down the only new XL they're offering. The world is awash in small folders, why do we need more?
So long as the XL size isn't disco'd , what's it harm to have a smaller version ? That was done for many of the CS model lines .

I would like a waved model and maybe more affordable . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m jonesing for a new xl folder! The frenzy is great, have carried almost every day for a solid year, which is a record for me. Now I’m ready for a new one, cmon let’s go.
I agree! Let's hope CS isn't putting XL folders on the backburner. Cold Steel makes a lot of great products but it's their XL folders that truly distinguish them from other knife companies. [for pity's sake they could at least bring out the Immortal in an XL version]

I believe it is released at the beginning of march when CS is at the IWA show in Nuremberg.

I wish they would continue producing the pro-grade 5’ blowgun. The 4’ is great, but I feel that the extra foot would enable me to take small game without using the “shot-style charges” but the regular broadhead dart.

The whole drop forged knife lineup with either/or DLC or uncoated . That gold over black really looks like crap after any real use . It's like CS is copying M-tech's crappy gold coating that came on (then OFF) my Honshu Karambit . Better just no coating !

United Cutlery not Mtech . Same diff.

I agree completely! I just recieved a survivalist and did a post on the minor mods I made. The whole time I kept thinking, if this had a DLC coating it may be it may be one of the best Sherman-Tank-grade-tough knives produced.

Back