What would you like to see from LionSteel?

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by RamZar, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    They need a true 9-10 inch chopper

2. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    So....I probably won't buy another folder in Sleipner. Already seeing rust spots, black spots, but still..... I live in a humid environment so corrosion is a worry. Features are nice but the LACK of a stainless option in the SR-11 is crazy. M390, Elmax, etc. lots to choose from. It is such a crazy awesome folder that I just can't believe a stainless option isn't available

3. HowAmI

HowAmI

Aug 5, 2016
    M390 SR-11 (A CF Integral Version also)
    M390 KUR
    M390 Big Daghetta
    M390 TM-1
    No blade swedges.

4. molletta

molletta Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2004
    :) :) :D

Revolverrodger likes this.
  5. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    If you're going to get a knife with Sleipner steel you either have to wash, dry and lube the blade often or get one of the coated blades like I did with my SR-11 Black Stonewashed. Even with coating the edge is exposed.

See thread below of rust, stains, etc. on Sleipner including my SR-2 Aluminum Orange.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/corrosive-pitting-in-lionsteel-m7-satin-finish.1207218/

6. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    Hope this is good news !

7. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Freedom for @Fullflat!!! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Red's not possible in titanium anodization. It'd have to be a coating of some sort, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of using Ti.

8. onionfan

onionfan

Nov 29, 2008
    Huh, learned something new today. Guess I'll have to settle for a violet one like the sr1.:thumbsup:

9. hon

hon

Feb 8, 2011
  10. ridnovir

ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    • TS-1 TISPINE FLIPPER that runs on bearings

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    mycough likes this.
  11. 0men

0men

May 21, 2007
    My wish list of one:
    Better steel / options for steels

I have yet to buy a Lionsteel even though I badly want one. I just keep telling myself to wait until good steel is available.

12. CPP

CPP

Sep 8, 2014
    M390 is available on the TRE and M4 as well as the upcoming M1, what could be better than that?

13. 0men

0men

May 21, 2007
    Sorry should have been more specific. Better steel in the SR line (I'm looking at the SR-11).

14. Boggs

Boggs

Feb 27, 2007
    Add "1" in. to the blade length of the T5 without changing the other dimensions.

15. AndiR

AndiR

Sep 26, 2009
    :):rolleyes:Small nice affordable Folding Knife with a real idiot safe working Flipper and a good enough blade Steel for daily use (D2/440c are really not so bad) with a Price below 100 Euro- Size/Form like the good old Daghetta Aluminium (but please without this sharp angle edge at the bottom of the blade where everything get caught when the Knife is closed in your Pocket -Closed: Similar sides swiss Army Knife), a Flipper which works easy and nice opening (see CRKT M16 - nothing fancy as Bearings), Drop Point Form of the Daghetta Blade (Long and thick enough for most normal EDC use in my case).

16. Thomas Stearns

Thomas Stearns

May 25, 2017
    Lefty versions

PirateSeulb likes this.
  17. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    I would like to see collector knives euro roundhead in m390 to be available in Europe via lionsteel.

bonzodog and steff27 like this.
  18. Stammoss

Stammoss

May 30, 2015
    I second that! Make it available for Europeans

19. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Would love to see a SODBUSTER slipjoint in pretty much same configuration as the ROUNDHEAD they did with M390, Ti liners/bolsters

T.L.E. Sharp and mas113m like this.
  20. microbe

microbe

Apr 6, 2016
    A modern Bowie fixed blade with an awesome steel