What ya think 0470 or GM Sonoma(Choose for me)

Which one

• Sonoma

Votes: 17 54.8%

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hate the chunk at the base of the clip on the GM, but love everything else. I've never had a ZT that satisfied my edge thickness needs, so I'd roll the dice on the GM.

Thanks for the testimonial :thumbsup:
Difficult choice
I already have a 0470 so I will not get the sonoma but otherwise I may have the same question ;)

The 0470 is an honorable slicer, nothing wrong on this model
The pocket clip works fine
There is no hotspot
The flipping action is very good
It is small in the pocket while offering a 3.4” blade (very impressive performance here)
The access to the lock bar for disengaging the lock up is very good

Is has a less neutral handle and it favours a saver grip but you find jumping exactly where you need it

Really nothing wrong on it

If you like the aesthetics with the fine killings on the frame and marbled carbon fibre you can got for it without much hesitations

Considering the look of this knife it is a mid-gentleman carry knife

Awesome comparison thank you
I have both and the similarities make it a tough call. To me, both feel about the same in hand. Some notable differences:

ZT0470
- a little lighter of the two thanks to the milled out scales.
- slightly thinner blade stock but slightly thicker BTE.
- flipping action is good, but not the typical crisp ZT action as in the 0452 and 0562. Definitely not as crisp as the Sonoma.
- the clip can be replaced with after-market deep carry clips. I use MXG which blends with the aesthetics of 0470 nicely.

Sonoma (I have the tumbled SW handle with satin blade)
- a tad bit heavier due in part to the solid Ti scales. A bit more solid feeling compared to the 0470.
- flipping action is excellent. Blade fires out fast and hard with a sharp snap.
- one of the best flipper tabs I've handled. Comfortable and very effective, contributing to the excellent action.
- forefinger choil
- only one T8 bit is required to disassemble the entire knife.
- well made pocket clip but I haven't been able to find a deep carry pocket clip option. About an 1" sticks out your pocket.

At the moment, I prefer the Sonoma mostly due to aesthetics and flipping action. However one big con to me is the lack of deep carry pocket clip option.

Here's a pic of mine after I had lightly polished the scales with Flitz just bring out a little luster from the originally flat matte finish. I also lightly polished the clip to tone down the brass yellow anodized color.
Q7d0aTUh.jpg

Agree it’s 24 thousandths behind the edge which doesn’t match the styling at all. Even tho imo it’s the better looking and styled knife. Give and take between the two
Hate the chunk at the base of the clip on the GM, but love everything else. I've never had a ZT that satisfied my edge thickness needs, so I'd roll the dice on the GM.

Man I feel silly when I read "GM Sonoma" I thought this was gonna be a thread about how a ZT was the same price as a used truck lol.

Both knives look amazing. Personally I like ZT so I would lean that way, but the pocket clip etc on the GM speaks to me. Tough choice OP.

Disappointed that Giant Mouse, with the extremely limited runs of their GM models, would basically duplicate the GM3 with the Sonoma.
I'd opt for the 0470.

Both are too expensive. I would wait for ZT 0470 to discontinue so as to get it cheaper.

Back