Whatcha listnin to oo oo?

Was at the show last night in Columbus. Set list was a good mix of older and newer stuff. They played “Opiate” the song.
That must’ve been pretty epic!
I went back and listened to your clip and they changed up a bit from the older version from the 92 album.
30 years later and still amazing!

Lately I have been revisiting some of my musical roots, in particular Philadelphia Soul from the 1970s.

I forgot how sophisticated this music can be. This is one of my favorite examples - Anthony Jackson's bass performance is iconic.

My mom always played the O'jays records when I was growing up, love these guys.
Another iconic(and maybe ironic) O'jays track

My mom always played the O'jays records when I was growing up, love these guys.
Another iconic(and maybe ironic) O'jays track
Love that one, too! That's all the kind of stuff I am listening to lately. Brings back great memories, too.

Not exactly Philadelphia Soul, but maybe a cousin . . . from the same period (1972-1974), one of the most underrated albums of all times. I literally listened to this album going to sleep almost every night for a couple of years, and then didn't listen to it again for many decades. But it's back, baby! The title song . . . incredible. Even the album art is special.

Was watching Deadwood last night and this song played at the end of one of the episodes - tugged at my ear something fierce.

Well I seem to have very different musical tastes to most here but yesterday on a 1 hour drive I had to make, I listened to these guys the whole way. Yea it’s not somes taste but it’s artwork to me and deep meaning

Gonna add this fan video which my kids have been playing on repeat

Last edited:
Back