whatcha watching?

Tonight is a documentary called William S. Burroughs: A Man Within

When the first interview is John Water, and Peter Weller comes right along next, you know the film will be interesting; and probably good too!

Seen it before, about ten years ago the first time. probably won't watch the entire thing tonight
it's a well done little film, though perhaps not quite what I remembered...

Last edited:
Tonight's a Cambodian doc, Angkor Awakens

It opens with a bit from one of my favorite pieces of classical music:

Definitely some of the best rainy day pieces ever composed :) it's music that conjures up extremely vivid memories of very a specific time and place, and the particular textures and smells associated with some of my favorite knives :thumbsup:

Last night I enjoyed one of my favorite holiday movies:

Hope everyone is recovering after a good Xmas and preparing for the new Gregorian year ahead!

since I'm all sick (sort of) tonight, now the royal we is on to the classic Chinese language film, Vampire Cleanup Department

:thumbsup:

I started watching black sail last night. Mainly because of the blades and leather work

that's a remake/adaptation of Treasure Island?

Last edited:
Just watched "The Highwaymen", it's about two federal agents that go after Bonnie and Clyde, with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. Highly recommended.

"It opens with a bit from one of my favorite pieces of classical music:

Definitely some of the best rainy day pieces ever composed :) it's music that conjures up extremely vivid memories of very a specific time and place, and the particular textures and smells associated with some of my favorite knives :thumbsup:"

THANKS FOR THE MUSICAL PIECE NICE

So last night, I was surfing Netflix and their “Binge Worthy TV Shows” section and there was this series called “The Neighbor”, so I thought what the heck, I’ll watch an episode. Turns out to be a Spanish comedy and it moves pretty fast so you have to pay attention to the subtitles, but it was hilarious. I’ll definitely watch some more episodes.

You have to at least watch the first episode.

Tonight I'm watching Battles Without Honor And Humanity directed by Kinji Fukasaku

I completely forget if I've seen it before, maybe when I was in school, but 30 minutes in and it's surprisingly good :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And the musical score is pretty good too!

It all makes me really thirsty for rice wine, preferably filtered, and hunger for sticky rice :)

Last night I watched History channel, some cool things on the Titanic. Now watching HGTV, Home Town, and later something with Joanna Gaines for there new baking show. I think Hallmark has stopped the Christmas movies, see ads for the New Year movies.

Back