What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Is that wet sanding?
Is that to keep dust down?

Yes, it helps keep the abrasives from loading up. And I did it inside because I got enough of the cold yesterday, and after work my feet were numb. I have to go out there and do sheaths later today anyway, and with any luck start on the next LC200N commissions.

David Mary, what have you been doing all week since the LC200N showed up?

Let me show you:

These are all variants of the 24/7, designed by bikerector bikerector , founder of Good Knife Co. This run is a private exclusive for him and a select group of his friends.

Grey G10
IMG_4226.JPG

Blue and black Suretouch
IMG_4225.JPG

Orange and black Suretouch
IMG_4214.JPG

Camo Suretouch
IMG_4221.JPG

Grey and black Suretouch
IMG_4223.JPG

Natural canvas Micarta
IMG_4217.JPG

Black canvas Micarta
IMG_4218.JPG

Cherry Red Micarta
IMG_4216.JPG

Natural and black canvas layered Micarta
IMG_4212.JPG

And for the man, himself, twill carbon fiber:
IMG_4210.JPG

There is also one that is a blank only, on which Chad's friend will presumably be installing the handle and making the sheath himself.

Of course, I did sneak a little something for myself in there as well, as I am wont to do. Those familiar with my work surely recognize the Prevail. And a new necker meant to replace my current Edge-C, which may have already found a new home before I even had the chance to offer it for sale as a used R&D knife.

IMG_4228.JPG
IMG_4229.JPG

Next up, from top to bottom, a Razel inspired commission requested by a member who asked for me to combine elements from a few designs into one, a minnow shaped necker for a gentleman in the Bayou state, and a ringer I threw on there "just because", and which has now found someone to claim it.
IMG_4230.JPG

David Mary, what have you been doing all week since the LC200N showed up?

Let me show you:

These are all variants of the 24/7, designed by bikerector bikerector , founder of Good Knife Co. This run is a private exclusive for him and a select group of his friends.

Grey G10
View attachment 1708212

Blue and black Suretouch
View attachment 1708213

Orange and black Suretouch
View attachment 1708217

Camo Suretouch
View attachment 1708222

Grey and black Suretouch
View attachment 1708223

Natural canvas Micarta
View attachment 1708215

Black canvas Micarta
View attachment 1708214

Cherry Red Micarta
View attachment 1708216

Natural and black canvas layered Micarta
View attachment 1708224

And for the man, himself, twill carbon fiber:
View attachment 1708219

There is also one that is a blank only, on which Chad's friend will presumably be installing the handle and making the sheath himself.
Nice work!

I took a day out of the shop to get other errands done. I have been awaiting these, which showed up today, including belts for handle shaping. Back to it today!

IMG_4249.JPG

With the completion of these four knives, I have cleared the books of everything that had a deposit and which I have all the materials in stock for. So while I await the AEB-L blanks from JT for my other commissions, I will begin working on my 8670 investment blanks, to hopefully raise capital to move to a new home/shop location where I can work more freely. I'm afraid that with the noise I make, and the tight quarters, I have overstayed my welcome, and maybe, just maybe, I found a friend who has an arrangement that might be mutually beneficial. Two people recently told me the same "joke", namely, "how do you make God laugh? - tell Him your plans." So I will put it in His hands, trusting that whatever He has in store for me is ultimately for the good of my soul. Only, Lord, give me the grace to understand this, and to use whatever future you give me accordingly!

Back