What's in that mysterious wooden box

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Months later, they are selling, if you can find one, for twice the original retail price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really?!?! I certainly believe you, but havnt personally seen one for sale in quite some time. The SPL that was on ebay didn't even hit the reserve if i remember correctly, and neither did the one 49-01 that i saw on Bladeauction. Being a collector and owner of a 49-01 i try to keep track of this stuff as best i can without any "inside sources", and the only information i recall hearing was that it actually took BM a bit to sell all the 49-01's. In fact my dealer ended up with an extra and i was fortunate enough to put a fellow forumite in touch with him...Was it the 49SPL you were reffering to when you said they sold out in a matter of days? If that was the case, it was more like negative days, a significant amount of time before the project was even announced!

So if you dont mind my asking, when and where have 49-01's gone for almost twice retail?

I really wanted some feedback on this, and it wasnt looking like anyone was going to go back and read it, so...

...BTTT:D

It's the SPLs that are selling at upwards of 2x, three of them that I'm aware of that have sold already. All so far have been coming from BM employees. It seems that their company has given them a better opportunity than Enron.

The -01s, well, I've only seen one traded so far and it went just a hundred or so above MSRP. But, it's a bit early on those yet.

Good stuff, thanks Chuck...i just wasnt sure if you had been reffering to the -01's or the SPL's in the original post. I'll keep my eye's peeled:)

Of the 3 SPL's sold that I am aware of, none was sold at twice the value of the original MSRP. The only way wouldbe to calculate from purchase price, and if mempry serves, they were sold at retail even to the employees.

I purchased a SPL aftermarket, as did Examonlyf. That leaves the #6, and it too did not go for twice the value. Besides, the ones with the gold treatment has something special to them that escalates the value somewhat. Pete's #8 has the only set of super-milled channels. #5 is the only one with Vance's signature. How do you place a value on those, above the $800 MSRP.

Super-milled channels? What's that?

That's great information, Tony! Can you give us some more? Detailed description on every piece. ;)

Back