what's in your hollow handle

Not much, but it may help a lot....:)

Of course I carry an additional survival-kit....:thumbup:

Komp_Alu.jpg

Mark_essent1.jpg

Sharpened steel and a way to start a fire makes life easyer nics picsture.
now that my computer is up and ruuning again I plan to put fome more pics
up on the web soon.

Finally, my Shadow III arrived last friday! I love this little knife. The sheath works great and feels very secure worn on my belt in the center of my back.

Thus far I have a small button compass, some cotton and some safety matches with a striking surface, all contained in a small plastic zip lock bag. There's some para cord tied as a lanyard through the handle as well. Pics to follow.

I just got in one of the smaller firesteel blanks with no handle and it fit perfectly into the handle with the fishing kit and sharpening stones.

Think I have mine done.
I think I have thought of most everything that will fit anyway.
1.vasaline soaked gauze stuff in tail cap
2.small bag with line,hooks and sinkers rolled up tight to save space
3.Sharpening sticks..one white and one gray,stored in para cord sheaths
4.small Swedish firesteel
5.sewing needles
6.para cord lanyard with the inner strands
7.inner stands from para cord wrapped around the bottom of the sheath and on a free spot on the tec-lock.I thought of this last.This stuff can be used for,snares,sewing thread,fishing line and many other things that rope would be good for.The line is much stronger than it looks and each stand can be separated into 2 smaller strands.
DSCF0143.jpg

blood pressure medication(pills) and a few hundred dollar bills (bug out money) carried in my small tanto while working in Iraq

Sicily02. I posted a picture of it on the blade discussion forum under the title "a few of my favorite things."

Not much, but it may help a lot....:)

Of course I carry an additional survival-kit....:thumbup:

Komp_Alu.jpg

Mark_essent1.jpg

I realize this has become a rather old thread...
Is the compass affected by the steel handle? :confused:

Thanks.

/vdk

Back