What's on your belt ?

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
What do you carry on your belt ?

My at work carry

The belt knife is just whatever I might have chosen that week.
A multitool is always there ( was a LM fuse for a long time but got something new to try ) , and the tool pouch is always there.

My off work carry

I used to do the Batman utility belt thing all day every day, but about a year ago decided I didn't need it all after work and never looked back.
Now off work it's just a belt knife if I chose one for the week, and the EZE-LAP I got this week which will be something I carry from now on.

image.jpeg image.jpeg I don't usually wear a belt, but I carry a Zeiss 10X25 monocular in a pouch on my suspenders. The Lizard Skin pouch was designed to fasten a McGuyver tool to the seat post of a bicycle.

I never leave the house without a belt on unless I'm wearing my overalls that I don't wear all that often.
Don't wear sweats, athletic shorts, or pj's outside the house.
Never once have I forgotten a knife in my pocket, my belt, and any belt knife I may have chosen that week.
I've forgotten my phone a few times, and today I forgot my wallet, but I still had 5 different knives on me :D

Suspenders wouldn't be bad I suppose when I've got nothing to put on my belt that week.

In the shop:

qnL0djs.jpg

jwoiP9i.jpg

At the ranch the gun will sometimes vary:

pKEHpwE.jpg

zIDDHo8.jpg

Js6wIa6.jpg

92lmGhZ.jpg

The wife too:

7638RnM.jpg

z5G3uIT.jpg

EUJIG0C.jpg

mESdHZL.jpg

pONgqox.jpg

Made the belts, knives, sheaths, chaps, spurstraps and holsters too!

Made the belts, knives, sheaths, chaps, spurstraps and holsters too!
Are we safe nowhere from your beautiful work ?

Since we're bragging I might as well mention that I made my work belt myself :D
It's just a basic 10oz 1.5" belt, simple and functional but nowhere near the work you do.
I'll bet even a basic black belt like mine would look gorgeous if you made it.:thumbsup:

Are we safe nowhere from your beautiful work ?

Since we're bragging I might as well mention that I made my work belt myself :D
It's just a basic 10oz 1.5" belt, simple and functional but nowhere near the work you do.
I'll bet even a basic black belt like mine would look gorgeous if you made it.:thumbsup:

No never! Thanks for the kind words. Belts are pretty straight forward and a great thing to learn some leather work on. I remember when you were working on it. Looks like ya did a great job. Someone mentioned suspenders up above and after years of being asked for some we finally made some. Not as straightforward as ya would think. Don't have any decent pics yet. Here they are hanging on the end of the panel in the booth at last weekend's show. Military spec elastic, stainless hardware and lined and stitched water buffalo straps.

QzsInrj.jpg

Had to take an old worn out pair of our ranching partner's apart to get the geometry figured out.

Horse Wright, Now I see why your knife sheaths are all cross draw. I really should try to do the same.

I’ve been carrying my Buck knife on my right side so long when I tried to carry a gun there I almost shot a package I needed to open.
So I carry my gun on my left. I’m ambidextrous and shoot with both hands.

Your work always impresses me. The real life action shots are great.

I don't always carry a multitool, but this week I have.

pyMYA5d.jpg

The sheath is made by me, but currently I carry my SwissTool in it. In fact when I leave work, if I have the tool on my belt I might leave my knife and only carry the multitool. That way I save some pocket space. I carry the sheath in about five o clock in and I barely ever feel it's there. I really love this kind of sheath, and it looks good too!

I don't always carry a multitool, but this week I have.

pyMYA5d.jpg

The sheath is made by me, but currently I carry my SwissTool in it. In fact when I leave work, if I have the tool on my belt I might leave my knife and only carry the multitool. That way I save some pocket space. I carry the sheath in about five o clock in and I barely ever feel it's there. I really love this kind of sheath, and it looks good too!
Looks great, I've tried such a carry and may have to try it out.
How useful do you find the Leatherman crunch ?

Looks great, I've tried such a carry and may have to try it out.
How useful do you find the Leatherman crunch ?

I like it! It’s mostly a work tool and when you’re out I rather carry something more typical. I also like to have it on my bicycle trips just in case.

Today I am running light just a Ruger SR22 in my belt . Mora Eldris and clipper lighter, extra mag and wallet in my pockets right now

Horse Wright, Now I see why your knife sheaths are all cross draw. I really should try to do the same.

I’ve been carrying my Buck knife on my right side so long when I tried to carry a gun there I almost shot a package I needed to open.
So I carry my gun on my left. I’m ambidextrous and shoot with both hands.

Your work always impresses me. The real life action shots are great.

Thanks! I did have a friend who was working on some reloading drills one time and fessed up to almost loading his Buck 110 into the Smith 4006!

I never leave the house without a belt on unless I'm wearing my overalls that I don't wear all that often.
Don't wear sweats, athletic shorts, or pj's outside the house.
Never once have I forgotten a knife in my pocket, my belt, and any belt knife I may have chosen that week.
I've forgotten my phone a few times, and today I forgot my wallet, but I still had 5 different knives on me :D

Suspenders wouldn't be bad I suppose when I've got nothing to put on my belt that week.
I forget my phone at times as well. It is almost as important as a knife these days, maybe more so. If I forget my wallet, I return to the house to retrieve it.

I don't usually have anything attached to my belt day to day. But I just got the little Condor Compact Kephart knife last week and have been wearing that knife on my belt for the last few days. It is a small knife in 1095. I would like to edc a small fixed blade, but it is a difficult adjustment for me.

I tried suspenders.... I feel funny wearing them and I'm not old enough for people who see me to say something like.... suspenders, well he's old and can'd keep his pants up. You loose your waist as you get older. If you aren't fat, everything gets pretty straight with no hips.

Want to get a little NAA mini revolver for pocket carry when I really don't want to carry a gun. That is "on the list". But this camera replacement thing (other thread) has probably pushed that forward a few months.

Thanks! I did have a friend who was working on some reloading drills one time and fessed up to almost loading his Buck 110 into the Smith 4006!
I had a S&W 4006 (9mm) for a while. Actually found it. Police checked and it was not stolen. So, eventually I sold it. It's a fairly heavy pistol.

I might add that the previous owner(s) were criminals and the police overlooked the gun during their drug bust. I asked the police if they wanted the gun, but they weren't interested as it couldn't be used as evidence at that point (aka "gun charge"). It was essentially brand new. I didn't find the gun tossed off in the woods like you might think of a crime gun.

Last edited:
I had a S&W 4006 (9mm) for a while. Actually found it. Police checked and it was not stolen. So, eventually I sold it. It's a fairly heavy pistol.
Yeah just the right size to load a 110.

Here's the suspenders:

aSfKMFB.jpg

TTzCFPU.jpg

What do you carry on your belt ?

My at work carry

The belt knife is just whatever I might have chosen that week.
A multitool is always there ( was a LM fuse for a long time but got something new to try ) , and the tool pouch is always there.

My off work carry

I used to do the Batman utility belt thing all day every day, but about a year ago decided I didn't need it all after work and never looked back.
Now off work it's just a belt knife if I chose one for the week, and the EZE-LAP I got this week which will be something I carry from now on.

I have the same belt pouch. I like it so much that I bought 2 extra in case the first one wears out.

I carry either my Victorinox Swisstool or Swisstool Spirit in it everyday along with a 2AAA flashlight, mini Knipex pliers, flat County Comm prybar, and a 4 inch Austrian made Ferro rod.

Back