What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

Having learned that the BEST is not always the GREATEST, I've now wondered what this community's ideas are regarding the best folder they own. Most probably know what the best knife they own is. It's probably the most expensive, well made knife in their collection. Having little interest in fixed knives, I thought I'd ask this two-pronged question.

Having said that, I don't know what my BEST folder is after all. Wait, yes I do. It's a CRKT S-2, with a titanium frame and an ATS-34 blade. I was confused because I paid only twenty-five bucks apiece for about six of 'em when they were on sale. That brings up an interesting observation. Why was such a great knife selling for so cheap? Probably because, despite its quality, people just didn't dig the knife. (I can say that I don't carry it much and it's not one of my favorite knives.)

That brings me to my FAVORITE folder. That's a much more difficult question because I'm just plain fickle. It would be a toss-up between my "Big Dog" M16-14T (titanium) and my Benchmade Ascent.

Okay, that was pretty exciting, but my collection is pretty mundane. Instead of just listing them, if you could say why your favorite is your favorite, that's what I'd me most interested in hearing.

w0_h0_PICL.DBJPG

The best, CRKT's S-2. Not bad for twenty-five bucks.

bm831.jpg

Benchmade's Ascent is really a nice pick.

well my fav is my Kershaw Offset. i just love its style.

my best is my Kershaw Lahar. VG-10 steel, great worker, great fit and finish.

The best one I "have" is in a little manila envelope on its way to me from Nevada. It's a BRG Delica ZDP-189. I can't wait to start carrying it!

My favorite, for now, though, is (you'll never believe this) my Buck Metro. Laugh as much as you like, but it's just a cool little knife. I can't say that I've ever used it for anything even remotely resembling heavy-duty work (come on...it's a blade just over an inch long), but it just feels great in my hand! My black Scallion is a very close second, though. The assisted open is a great timewaster/addiction for passing time.

My collection is pretty small, and I'm sure that my favorites will change over time. But still, for some strange reason, my current favorite is a simple little Buck Metro.

It's tough for me to pick a favorite or a best. MT Socom Elite in S90V, Spyderco ( one of several ZDP knives), SOG Tomcat 3, Kershaw Blur SG2, Spyderco Millie CF BG42. That's about as small as I can narrow it down to. I do have more expensive knives but that doesn't mean better as we all know Joe

My Kershaw Lahar is my favorite with my JYD 2 in second and my Spyderco Native in third. The rest of my pocket knives are about all even to me.

I actualy like my Queen MountainMan in D-2 a lot, it is just a little heavy but gives of nice warm vibs. There are many spydies that would be a close second for practical reasons.

My best knife is probably my Buck custom shop 110.
It has a BG-42 blade, nickle-silver bolsters, and water-buffalo horn scales.
And it cuts like a laser!

knives111.jpg

But my favorite knife is much harder to choose....
I really like my recently acquired Kershaw/Ken Onion Leek with S30V blade and smooth G-10 scales.

My best knife? And my favorite? That is a VERY hard question to answer. I need to think about that.

My best knife is a Dozier fixed blade... My favorite is an older bone scaled Case trapper

My favorite folder is probably my mini-Manix.

My so-called "best" folder is a SS Spyderco Police, it's just so pretty looking ;)

Right now CRKT M4, switchs off with kershaw speed bump switchs off with spyderco native, switchs off with folding yojimbo.

My best......Chinook "3"

My "best" folder is probably my Microtech Vector auto.
My "favorite" folder is probably my Benchmade 710D2 (or AFCK)(or Spyderco Manix)(or BM Mini-AFCK)

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Back