Whats the story behind your username?

The warden and I were on a teaching contract at Lake Athabasca. I had the last Becker Brute in western Canada flown in....and I re awoke to knives, after a long absence. I was literally, up north. Before the Brute I took a Buck 119 up and eventually gave it to a fine lady up there. She and her fiancé came from the opposite end of the country, Nova Scotia I believe.

My favorite author is Louis L'Amour.

The moniker comes from a character in one of his books. Supposedly it is Apache for "Quick Killer" but I've not verified that as factual.

I chose the moniker simply because I really like the name.

My guess for the "meaning" behind "ungodlydiety"...

Man.. or mankind.

I got mine from an inside joke me and a buddy had. Whenever we would say something stupid we would say ok booster. It came from a term that a dad would call his son, it's like saying champ, big guy, or buddy... I think. I started using it when i was playing one of them computer trivia games at a bar, but i could only use six digits so I shortened it down to what it is now. I pretty much use this username with some added number variations for everything but the most personal stuff. Been using it for ten years now.

Last edited:
Here are Tal and Dez (Desta), the kindling twins, in this pic.

IMG_0911TALDESTAKINDLINGTWINS750MED_zps4ac0be86.jpg

My username could be somewhat longer :rolleyes:, but IMO taldesta has a simpler ring to it. There is a lot of smiling, bowing and scraping going on here in my world and it brightens my every morning ... as do a lot of the postings here on Bladeforums :)

I'm "legally disabled" since 2008 from some on the job spinal injuries back in 2001,broke my neck in multiple places,amongst other injuries,when a co-driver wrecked me in an 18 wheeler as I slept in the bunk,worked another 7 1/2 years and was forced out of work bby Federal D.O.T.. ANYways,that's the "D" part,disabled. I've been an avid cyclist (mtn biking mostly) since the mid 80s as a teen cross training for motocross. On a bad day,I barely walk and it hurts worse than the day of the accident,but on a good day,I'm still a mtn biker/cyclist,the "C" (cyclist),so The DC is The Disabled Cyclist (an oxy moron,like military intelligence :p )

Eh. Mines a play on an old Steam handle of mine, and my favorite number from when I used to compete in team sports. I've kind of become synonymous with a couple other usernames, including my XBL tag and a blog I used to run. One day I'll get around to changing it to that name on here.

I'm a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, commonly called shockjockeys and spark wranglers. My local union # is 24 (Baltimore, Md)

Last edited:
I am an old school 2 stroke Merc runner. I pulled the oil injection pump spline shaft due to a faulty low oil switch in the oil tank and would rather Know I have oil in the mix than seize up the motor due to assuming.

Back