What's your at work knife and your occupation?

As a firefighter/paramedic, my work knife is a BM 915 Triage, non-serrated. I also carry a cheap S&W folder in my bunker coat pocket as a backup, or for more abusive cutting tasks.

I run a maintenance department. I carry an old remington stockman with 1095 blades and a Leatherman super tool . Recently I have been carrying a Condor MiniBushlore as well to cut through heavier things.

I am a school teacher in an elementary building. I regularly carry my Tidioute ebony conductor. Perfect size for the daily tasks upon which it is called to do. When I used to work construction, I had a larger stockman or Vic Tinker. Cheers. Matt

I work in a cable company warehouse. My edc work knife is a Spyderco Native. But I am thinking it is time for a new knife.

Line cook and usually a BM grip or large voyager or pm2 or endura or CS counter point 1 with a smaller spyderco dragonfly and usually a leatherman wave. I work late nights and walking to my car in the middle of downtown is sketchy and I can't carry a gun at work so a big knife and flashlight is about all I can get away with.

Anesthesia Student! It's kinda hard to carry a larger knife in scrubs! I typically carry my Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 555BK!

Nurse Anesthetist as well; Graduated from UAB in '07. I usually carry a 4" or shorter handled knife, i.e. Native or Delica, but most often a Dragonfly. My cart keys have a SB Manbug attached.

Engineering Program Manager and I have use three different knives depending on where I am during the work week. I typically fly to Oregon every Monday on our corporate jet so that means no knife. The days where I'm in the local office my only carry these days is a Vic Cadet. The rest of the time I work from home and it a number of different knives including large and small Insingos and a Hinderer 3.5 slicer.

mooring master in a shipyard. I carry a fullly serrated byrd cara cara rescue when working on the yard barge. for general use I carry various plain edged 3.5/4 inches folders, rotating them from time to time ( esee avispa, CS American Lawman, BM Rift, BM adamas, Kershaw Blur, CS lonestar hunter).

Machinist/Toolmaker. Carry a 2 dot Buck 112 with a thumb stud in a leather belt sheath and a Sheffield replaceable blade utility knife in my back pocket for abusive tasks. Might carry the mini griptillian when it comes in the mail.

Edit; forgot about the Leatherman Squirt in my front pocket. I don't carry it all the time though.

Have my first blackwood piece on it's way and I'll be using it with my jewellery work - wax carving and other material manipulation :)

CRK Mnandi and a keychain SAK Classic(for the scissors). - - - Fashion Photographer

Project Manager
Folder: Sebenza 21
Fixed: Fiddleback Forge Esquire

Last edited:
Locomotive engineer - Benchmade 707 sequel
I have a large sebenza 21 on its way, so we'll see how that goes.

I am a photographer and carry some folder or another with anything from a 3" to 4" blade

I'm a web developer, usually with a Cadet in one pocket and some other slipjoint or friction folder in the other. But I get possibly the most "use" out of my Cold Steel Gladius Machete, swinging it around like a buffoon while I'm hatching new schemes and dreams and working through logic problems in my head.

Buck 110 and Buck 389 Canoe are my current EDC combination. I've also carried daily a Uncle Henry LB7 with either a Rough Rider "Sunfish", Crkt Slip Kiss, Rough Rider Barlow (2 blade) or a Marbles Camp Knife.
I'm an over the road truck driver.

Changed jobs. Work for a local school District. Deliver food and custodial supplies. Break down pallets usually banded in plastic wrap or plastic straps. A serrated Dragonfly does the job rather well. Also a SAK Alox Farmer attached to a AAA Maratec for those dark winter mornings.

Last edited:
Back