What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

X6iQKDCh.jpg

I picked up the AK-47 again, and now the G10 starts out reasonable rather than pants-shredding (a pre-GSM change, I think, because it still has the old CS logo). I was already to tape off the handle and buff it down, so this was a nice surprise. :)

2oFWk4U.jpg

I picked up the AK-47 again, and now the G10 starts out reasonable rather than pants-shredding (a pre-GSM change, I think, because it still has the old CS logo). I was already to tape off the handle and buff it down, so this was a nice surprise. :)

2oFWk4U.jpg

I just adjusted the clip to be more loose, but I have an AUS8 version (it's probably 2014 or older).

But I still prefer to carry the really old AK (produced 2006-2009) with ultralock. Yes it's heavier, but it gives so much fun. Shame there are no steel backspacers available anymore these days. Well I have to stay with the FRN one ;-)

I've been mulling-over the AK for a long time. After seeing your 'new one', I'm going to have to grab one. Nice pic, Dadpool!

Last edited:
Yesterday and today will be a new SR1 Lite.

This particular knife is simultaneously both extremely well fitted, and terribly finished. The action is literal perfection. Easily one of the best Triad locks I have ever gotten. It came buttery smooth, solid lock up, and even the release is silent and easy. It's perfect.

The finish, however, is poor. The edge was really dull, and the polish on the blade was ugly. It's a working knife that I intend to beat the crap out of so I don't really care, but it seems like yet another example of the poor workmanship I have been seeing lately from Cold Steel. It might be just my luck, but it seems like most of the new production knives I have gotten have been off in some way. Again, maybe it's just me and bad luck.

Last edited:
It’s built like a tank and has the smoothest triad action I’ve ever felt.

The scales are slick which some people complain about but in reality my hands aren’t usually covered in blood.

Plus it gets bonus points for looking like your grandpa’s knife too. There’s no raised eyebrows like when you pull out a Spartan and it snaps open on the draw.

2oFWk4U.jpg
Fine choice man. The Recon 1 and Lawman get a lot of love, but the 47 is an underrated knife. My collection is still missing a Lawman, lol.

Nice Manix there too.

Back