What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

Nice, it the 4 Max flat or hollow grind. Overall how is it to carry? Thanks. shane
Shane,

The 4 Max has a high flat-grind. It's a few millimeters wider than the AD-10, and has a large footprint. I'm used to carrying large blades like the ZT 0301 'Tiger-Stripe', Cold Steel SR-1, and the formidable Benchmade 'Adamas'. So, the size is of no relative consequence to me. Carries nicely in a jacket-pocket, or in cargo-shorts with no problem. But that being said, it is a large folder weighing-in at 10.2 ounces. I also, wear a Blue Alpha tactical belt with my selected trousers. Since, a defensive handgun is part of my EDC. Currently, I'm looking at a couple of titanium, aftermarket pocket-clips; for both the 4 Max, and AD-10. Which is the only real down-side, to these larger Cold Steel knives; albeit a minor-issue. Dan Jackson does a thorough review on the 4 Max at Blade Reviews. bladereviews.com/cold-steel-4-max-review/

I can't recommend the 4 Max enough. The fit and finish on my Italian-version is outstanding.

h0GsEVEh.jpg

zf3BpWFh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice. Love the xhp Ti-lites. I’ve seen someone else on here do a flat grind on one, but you definitely did a better job with it.

I love the look of the Ti Lite but it's no slicer. With the regrind it's better in that regard. The G-10 version is very light because it has only one liner unlike the other versions.

The little Luzon has been carried quite a bit. Weighs nothing, simple to use black clip, overall small and dark. Makes for a quiet shirt or jacket pocket carry. And cheap enough that if broken or lost it's easily replaceable. On the other hand, as much as I get off on the large Luzon, other that flicking it open when bored, it sits in a tub. That thing is a pocket sword! I find the small one far more versatile/applicable for day to day life. So the little Luzon goes on and off a small coffee table as I come and go. I find myself going back to it often for the above reasons. It hits a lot of practical parameters without scaring people. I think that most folks don't even see it under a shirt pocket flap.

Back