What's your EDC? (Bear with me)

Most often an older small classic Sebenza, with the titanium scales polished. While I was working full-time in an office, my William Henry T10 Lancet with amber bone scales was my absolute favorite. Of late, I've also been carrying an A.G. Russell folder with black Micarta handle designed by Jess Horn and made in Seki City.

And, depending on the mood of the day, I might pick up a Van Hoy Snap Lock from Columbia River, a Spyderco Cricket stainless, a Chris Reeve Mnandi with tambouti inlays. If I expect to have to do some heavy-duty cutting, I put on the Bob Dozier K-7 slim outdoorsman (D2 blade, of course) or a dandy little neck knive with a narrow, 3-inch O-1 blade made by Lamont Coombs, with gorgeous jigged bone scales.

If I'm dressing up, or I just want to feel special, I break out my best piece of knife jewelry, a Howard Hitchmough folder with an incredible stainless damascus blade and carbon fiber scales.

There are others, of course ....

Semper,
It's called shot placement.I put two in the guy's head & he ain't going to care WHAT caliber it is!! Course you couldn't do that!hee! :D
THE DUCK! :cool:

If I'm going to a formal dinner party, I'll wear my M43 or my BAS with horn handle. If I'm going out to run some errands, probably my 25" sirupati. If I'm going to be out and about the neighborhood, the Everest Katana might be my companion and perhaps also my 17" AK. And, my new Pen Knife will go with me in my pocket from now on, and perhaps my JKM-1 or Kumar Karda if I feel like it.

I like Cog's style....

For everyday I have my German Eye two blade pocket knife. But everyday is spent with a Malla on the computer desk, or any large khuk.

For everyday carry when I go hiking in my backyard it is usually an 18" khuk.

For everyday there is usually a large khuk in the truck.

munk

I don't leave the house without my 2004 leatherman wave. Before that is was a supertool. before that it was a PST. Before that it was a wave...you get the idea. i carry a multitool, ALWAYS. I also keep a SAK with me most days. Usually a Soldier model for doing the odd job around the office or loaning to the help to cut open some boxes (better a $17 SAK, than a $70 wave). I also generally wear one of my jkms, a sarge, or a bilton just for fun. Makes a neat utility knife and with the proper snapcut it can serve 1/2" pool rope.
The combinations of tools and knives always give me a headache in the morning. Do i want to carry the wave, ST, or PST? The SAK Soldier, explorer, champion, hiker, ranger, or climber? The fancy antler JKM, the beat up horn JKM, the sarge, or the bilton? Maybe i'm feeling a bit cheeky and want to pack the kerambit?
In a nutshell: Multitool, SAK, lil' HI

Jake

Plain edge gunting in a Sastre pocket sheath. - Legal for most places because of the short blade length and completely concealed in the pocket. Quick access considerations should be balanced by retention considerations IMHO, but few people do.

Leatherman Micra to loan to people who ask to borrow my knife.

340PD - (Mr. Duck, a NR like you might want to try this.)

Supplements to the above for various times

When blade length restrictions are not in effect. Left handed large Sebenza, large Sebenza, Spyderco Chinook

Forest fun - Udhaipur or 15" AK

Truck - 15" AK

Good Bruise! If I am even in need of a covert operator for deanimation activities I'll look you up. I hate it when sloppy covert operators get uncontrolled blood spray on everything.

You can trust Bruise for the job, Howard. He still has the decoder ring he got from a cereal box in the 60's; the ring meant just for him.

munk

My EDC when I'm not a khuk kook is one of a variety of folders, a Streamlight Strion flashlight, and sometimes a Hideaway Knife by Frontsite, a Mickey Turco straight blade that is magnificent.

I prefer larger folders up to and including BM Skirmish or Manix size. I keep one on me in event rescue ops need to be initiated, prying someone out of an overturned horseless carriage for instance.

Camillus Lever Lock Tanto. Best legal one-hander I've used.

Antler JKM, depending on pants.

New Horn Sarge will be a fave- undergoing testing now.

Schrade multi tool when (work) working... SAK if needed instead.

Formal/party attire: 14" BDC in Antler / 17" Malla - Mexican Carry down back.

When Making A Statement: 20" Chainpuri in left hand

Strapped To The Back Of The Captains Chair When Boating: 20" AK by Sher

Folding utility knife- when cutting a lot of paper/boxes... one plastic, one metal. Overcomes sharpening issues....

Stuck in boot: Seax

On HALLOWEEN we get creative: Swords are generally in use.

ALWAYS one of the above.

Ad Astra

A Spydie Military, AG Russel One hander (laminated damascus), Victorinox Classic, and a Leatherman Super.

They all find use most every day.

My EDC is a Busse Leaner Meaner Street and a Kahr MK40. I also carry a Pro Tech Godfather and a Kel Tec 380 in hotter weather since i live in Florida.

I have a 16" 22oz. WWII by Sher in my car. :D

Guess it's only fair and proper to answer my own question...

It's down for handle re-wrapping right now, but I've been carrying a 5 1/2 inch bladed asian style tanto made by Chiro 75 in an inverted carry kydex sheath. It's rather plain looks don't seem to bother people on the rare ocassions it is seen, and it's very thin blade with a convex edge tends to cut like a laser.

Also carry a Lone Wolf Harsey T-2 Tactical Ranger. Flat ground app. four inch drop point S30V blade, wooden handles, and excellent fit and finish. It makes me happy. :D

On the days I have a gun on my person lately I've been going with my wifes 1911 or one of those Taurus titanium .357 Snubbies I got for free off a friend who didn't want his psycho chick girlfriend to shoot him with it. (I'd have never bought it, especially with that pimpy blue and purple finish, but...it's nice to have since the price was right)

My truck doesn't count, but I'll tell ya' anyways...got a single action .45 revolver, a Pen Knife, and a tool pouch complete with Super Leatherman.

BruiseLeee said:
Dark Ops nazi/commie slasher with splatter shield and laser sighting.

LOL! :D

For me:

On keychain: Leatherman Micra

In pocket: Spyderco Dodo (also sometimes Douk Douk, SAK, Chinook II and/or Yojimbo)

In trunk: 12" Village AK

SOG EOD Powerlock, Vision, SAK (small fish on the SAK, not sure the exact model), and a little 1 AA powered Inova for when my kids lose a toy under the couch :cool:

Back