What's your EDC? (Bear with me)

I've tried the change pocket... every time I see myself in the mirror I tells myself, "dat guy gots a nife." It's probably the most convienient place to carry it though.

Maybe I'll start carrying a SAK like Pan Tau. Those are generally people friendly.

I tried the JKM in the change pocket this morning. :) all you need is something to attach the sheath to your belt and a small jacket. :D

Bruise get yourself a vic Soldier for about 18 bucks. Probably the best SAK for the money with it's slightly thicker blade and alox scales. If you are looking for a good change pocket red (very people friendly) SAK, then i would suggest maybe the Spartan if you are a wine drinker or maybe a tinker if you want the philips head. So far i've got a plethora of SAKs, but i'm waiting for my Richard Dean Anderson mullet to fill in so i can make a car drive itself or defuse a bomb with a gum wrapper:)

jake

BruiseLeee said:
How do you fine folks carry folders? I find if it's in a pocket the mechanism gets filled with lint and sometimes doesn't open fully. Clipped to a front pocket it gets caught on tables and counters and such.

Well, some folding knives, like the Dodo, do not have a full-length backspacer. That lets the lint out nearly as fast as it goes in. It also makes it very easy to keep clean.

Other tips:

Not too much oily lube so as to not attract lint; and

Stop stuffing your dryer's lint screen contents into your pockets. :p

the best cheap knife I've seen is the KaBar Dozier folding hunter, around $20. I carry this sometimes for EDC rotation amongst more expensive knives and I carry it with pride anyway.

If I think I can get away with it ( figure with a gun, they ain' gonna worry about a measly knife ) a Cold Steel Voyager tanto w/5" blade. Mostly I leave it in the fanny pack with the back-up auto.

Did anyone notice it was a full moon last night? My wife pointed that out to me before we got out of Reno, and my first thought was " If I'd known it was a full moon, I'd have packed a rifle! " behind the truck seat..

Normally a Spyderco Standard PE, or less often a Delica. This is in the khaki-type Dockers that are the "uniform" at work these days. No pocket clip carry at work. The Spyderco stays hidden in the pocket. The baaa..baaa people would be horrified to see any knife, let alone something as "scary" as a 3" Spyderco.

On the weekend, in my jeans, the same usually. Sometimes a CRKT Ryan 7 which is a bit larger than the Spyderco, but I am becoming less enamoured of CRKT materials quality.

I am looking forward to retiring one day and carrying pretty much whatever I darn well please on my person. Will try to stay away from all sheeple when retired of course.

Jeff

my everyday work carry is my ever present case red pick bone mini-trapper in right front pocket-mini-mag light and kershaw multi-tool on belt.and in my car and by my side at home my horn chiruwa AK--and my everyday pc blade is my beautiful carved wood kumar karda--this i fondle while i type--LOL :eek: :) :eek:

Bruise, sometimes I carry the Scallion inside my waistband. When carried this way there is no "signature" and the top of my shirt covers it.

stevomiller said:
Bruise, sometimes I carry the Scallion inside my waistband. When carried this way there is no "signature" and the top of my shirt covers it.

I usually do that. However, there are times when one is putting on a little more body weight that every bit of space counts.
:p

It's not as accessable as the change pocket but not as noticeable.

How about inside the waistband on the front at a 45 degree angle? Too thuggish?

BruiseLeee said:
I usually do that. However, there are times when one is putting on a little more body weight that every bit of space counts.
:p

It's not as accessable as the change pocket but not as noticeable.

How about inside the waistband on the front at a 45 degree angle? Too thuggish?

How about cargo shorts/pants with the knife clipped into the cargo pocket? Easy to get to even when seated, and the flap from the cargo pocket makes it unobtrusive.

BruiseLeee said:
How do you fine folks carry folders? I find if it's in a pocket the mechanism gets filled with lint and sometimes doesn't open fully. Clipped to a front pocket it gets caught on tables and counters and such.

Inside the waistband in the small of my back. Works perfectly and sometimes I can hardly tell it's there. Took a nap yesterday with an LCC there, and it didn't bother me a bit.

Bruise, mine's just clipped to my front pocket all of the time. I've been carrying it that way for about eight years now. I've just gotten used to not letting that hip bump into things. I don't like carrying knives or any heavy object in my pockets since they bounce around and make my leg sore after a while.

Victorinox One-Hand Trekker (Trailmaster) EDC for over a year now.
I'm surprised I haven't had the urge to replace it by now.
I'm one of the few fans of the SAK cork screw and that's the only thing I wish it had.

Chuck

stevomiller said:
I met a guy this summer with a very impressive scar on his tummy. It looked like he had a cesarian from an unskilled physician. He inflicted the wound on himself from a draw from waistband carry. He was fortunate that he just cut skin, fat and muscle, and did not evicerate himself. I relate this just to let you know that it is good to have confidence that the knife will remain closed during the draw from this position.

I frequently use a pocket sheath. If you're really hardcore you can sew little pockets within pockets for your knife.

Roadrunner said:
I don't like carrying knives or any heavy object in my pockets since they bounce around and make my leg sore after a while.
Hehehehe!!!! I could really be bad here but I won't.:rolleyes: :p ;) :D

RR wouldn't say anything like that in Whine & Cheese.:D

EDC? Let's see what I got in my pockets and on the belt.
Belt: Leatherman Wave.
Pockets: S&W Extreme Ops CK105BL (Not on their website, made for Cornwell Tools), Old Timer 340T, and an Opinel No. 6.

In about 2 months, my EDC will have some things added. While in Iraq, I will add a 15" villager AK, and a US Army issue style aviators survival Kabar. Oh yeah, and an M16A2.

Back