What's your favorite Benchmade EDC?

My new favorite is the HK 14715. It reminds me of my first Benchmade knife; D2 steel, black G10 and axis lock. It's compact and sharpens up easily on a fine diamond stone, no stropping needed. In my opinion it's a complete package.

I cant realy pick a favorite knife I love all good knives. but I do have my favorite two EDC knives that are always with me 24/7 365 a neck knife and a folder.
A bark river PSK 154cm the neck and a benchmade barrage combo edge the benchmade gets used daily from scraping a old wax ring of a toilet to cutting my steak at dinner to gutting game (yes I do wash it in between). The bark river is the one I only use when I need a small razor sharp edge that way I always the the edge I need.
Right now I have the barrage 580 154cm which I realy like the only thing I don't like about it are the scales they are plastic or as benchmade calls it valox I think, they just feel kinda cheep to me. G10 would have been way better.
Anyway I am awaiting my new barrage 581 m390 with alluminum bolsters amd G10 scales witch should be a big up grade to the 580.
And I am gonna ad a polished custom titanium pocket clip which I will have engraved with my initials.
And the retired 580 will become a fathers day gift.

Last edited:
I'm something of a Johnny Come Lately when it comes to Benchmades. I picked up an M4 Mini-Grip just before the MAP change and it's a great EDC. But my favorite design was the 707 Sequel. I waited too long to grab one and didn't want to pay the post MAP price for it. So I thought I was out of luck. But a top rated seller at eBay just sold ten of them at pre-MAP pricing and I jumped on one. It should be here next week. :)

Since the thread is favorite Benchmade EDC, I must say the 940-1 has all I want in an EDC folder. To me it's streamlined eye-candy with great steel and a tough disposition. It disappears in my pocket and reappears when I want to put it to work. I also was very attached to its predecessor the 940.

Of all time? I'd pick the AFCK. I had an original model until it disappeared from my luggage on a business trip. The airline did pay for it, but I never got around to buying another one. :(

I'm really liking the Northfork.

I got a 940-1 and a Northfork at the same time and the Northfork has seen more pocket time than the 940-1. Methinks it will give my Wilkins-Ritter mini Grips a good run for their money even after the novelty / new factor has worn off.

Long time favourite is still the 745 mini Dejavoo

I have to say for work its my old style mini-Stryker SE-D-2 I wish it had the axis lock though, for dress its my 770 PE or my 770 SE, all of em get the job done .

I like 950. Rift has Osborne Tanto (Modified reverse tanto) and very well suited for thrust cuts, if needed. I like the fact that blade maintains relative thickness throughout the length.

I don't particularly favor Every day carry LE knives, but production blade can be replaced, if needed.

MFL

This is a hard question man!
My first high-quality knife, and Benchmade, was the 551 Griptilian. Well 551 BK. That coating is tough-as-nails.
Since then, I've acquired a 940, which I absolutely love.
I'd really like to pick up a barrage, but I'd probably de-assist it.

Back