Whats your favorite SAK EDC....

Right now, Victorinox Compact in RFP attached with lanyard to my belt, "netsuke" style. =)

Today (and most other days) it's my Spartan in my left front pocket. I'm right handed, but in my right pocket I carry keys and a led light.

Swisschamp in pocket, hanging vertically along the back seam by a shoelace looped on belt. It attaches with a clip to the lanyard ring. Simple, secure and provides a lanyard or piece of string, if needed.

Here lately I've been relying on a super tinker in my right front pocket. In addition I always tote a multi tool on my right back hip - typically either a SOG powerlock or a Swiss Tool. Not much you can't do with that combo!

In the past it has been the Explorer, but that is a little too big and heavy to be a true EDC for me.

Now I EDC the Sportsman - small enough to fit in the pocket with enough funtions to be truely useful. It is the same as the Tourist, but replaces the small blade with a nail file. I find the point of the nail file very useful as it gives you a fine blunt end to work with.

I also EDC a Manager II (now simply called the Manager as it has replaced the original Manager) on my keyring along with an Inova Microlight. The most useful item on the this SAK is the pen - how many times have you needed a pen on spur on the moment, but not had one to hand?

Economy tinker left front pocket, economy classic on keychain. I Like the scratch resistance of the nylon handles.

Victorinox Mini Swiss Champ, carried in the 5th pocket of my jeans every day. It's the only knife I can sneak through the metal detectors at the door. ;) :)

At the moment its a Farmer and Spirit ,carry the farmer in the little watch pocket on my jeans .

Dunc

Black Victorinox Compact in left front pocket next to my cell phone. I tried a bunch of lanyard chain combos but went back to simple deep pocket carry. Every so often I will carry my red Spartan instead.

Black Victorinox Waiter. It does everything that I require of it on a daily basis: cut open open 12-packs, remove beer bottle caps, cut wine bottle foil, and remove said wine bottle corkscrews. :rolleyes: :D

I carry a OHT in a molded-to-fit leather belt sheath made by a SOSAK member named estaban. Very comfortable and keeps the knife out of my way when not in use.
219no-logo2.jpg

I carry a 91mm Tinker with wooden scales
or an 84mm Tinker with red scales depending
upon need. Each has Photon light attached.
Carried in left front pocket.
Have been carrying these knives for more years than
I remember.

A Tinker with blue translucent scales in my RFP, sometimes swapped for a Recruit II.

My usual EDC used to be a Huntsman (it's still in my rotation).
Sometimes I carry a SwissChamp or Cybertool 41.

Since I got my ST Spirit, which is light enough to carry comfortably in a pocket, I've been using thin alox models a lot more, Cadet II, Electrician, Pioneer Apprentice, etc. Since the Spirit has most of the tools I need I can do without thicker SAKs.

I've been using my Deluxe Tinker a lot lately, too. It has a great tool combination and has replaced my Climber as my "city SAK".

Back