What's your (latest) grail?

We've had these threads before... just curious what people are looking for these days, and everyone's grail changes as tastes change and we acquire our wanted items. Be sure to include WHY you want it.

Me first: I have a couple. A Brous Hardwire would be a nice addition (maybe a Raven, too, but I doubt I'll find one at a reasonable price). Brous usually has a sale around the holidays so I'm hoping I can find one somewhat cheap. I like large slim aggressive-looking knives.

Second is a Benchmade Infidel 3300BK. I have a few autos, but no OTFs yet, so this would be perfect, plus I like the retraction system isn't the manual "pull back the lever" type. A bit pricey, but hoping to find a used one in good condition. And hey, I have two healthy kidneys!

I have a few wishlist knives that are really at the top end of my price range but are probably within reach: the AD-10 and AD-15 customs from Andrew Demko and a Deadlock OTF from the Hawks.

I also have a couple that I will probably never see in real life, let alone own: a custom Stan Wilson NFF and a custom Lee Williams with a Kickstop.

Reason: I'm into knife mechanisms.

That Demko AD-15 is a VERY cool locking system! Nice stout 3.75" blade, too! Reminds me a bit of the CRKT Nirk Tighe, which comes in SLIGHTLY under the $900 range the AD costs!

Benchmade 32 - been eyeing this for some time, it's EDC sized and I'd like to own a balisong

UTX85 - autos became legal here recently, I like the size but also the sleek design

ZT0801ti - I've been a fan of ZT's designs but only have the 450; this needs to change, and the handle of the 801ti speaks to me more than my second choice, the 808.

Last edited:
I have an 801 (not the ti, just the regulation standard issue BW) and believe me, they are a flipper's wet dream. I'd like to pick up the 804 as well ....

i've been lusting for a thorburn, not 100% decided, but if i had to pick now it'd be a L28 with a wooden scale. ehh.... i'll take the front flipper version

I'd like to get my hands on a Zu Bladeworx Omega...

omega2-700x500_grande.jpg

I've been after a Loveless style chute knife for awhile now, maybe a year and a half. Been having a hard time finding someone to make it for me. Damn 2 year waiting lists!:mad:

Reason: It looks so cool!

There's 2 that I've been wanting for a while. I don't consider them "Grails", but they're ones I've been wanting for a few months and just haven't pulled the trigger.

First one is a Protech Strider SNG. I have no idea why, but I really want one. It looks like it'd be a great auto to lug around.

The second one was/is a GEC Beer Scout in the burnt Oak.. But I think that may have changed to one of those fancy pants Lion Steel Round Heads. They're pretty damn sexy, plus the M390 blade steel? 1095.. M390.. Pretty sure M390 wins on that front, haha. Even the price is close to one another!

Oh yeah! I do have a Grail. My mind was thinking purely about folders, but I've been dying to get a full custom done by Gollik. I'd love to get a big ol' blade drawn up to my specifications by him. His knives look like they're designed to be used. Something I've always liked to see in a fixed blade.

Last edited:
I don't generally carry fixed blades, but that's one sexy knife! Wish it had a different handle material, maybe stone?!?

That's an interesting choice... the bird and trout knife? A classic for sure. I have the W77 and it just hits all my "double-edged dagger buttons".
I've got an F48A ( from the black beauty line ) and while I love it , stacked leather is just more classic and the 48B seems even more perfect for EDC.

I've always wanted a PCC Samson 5" bowie... Just scored a 29 Knives 5" bowie.

Close enough.

The Brad Zinker Urban Trapper : VG-10 steel, titanium frame, highly modded to use voluptuous Cold Steel old style Kreyex grippy handles.
That's IT for me. There's nothing better for me.
Every thing else is just a horrible mine field of compromises and hyped paths to greatness that lead only to pain, suffering and devastating disappointment and disillusionment.

Well maybe I exaggerate just a tiny bit. But yah . . . pretty much . . .

PS: maybe if some magic happens you will one day, in the fullness of time actually see that photo.
Until then imagine a merging of this https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CS59KPZ/Cold-Steel-Kitchen-Classic-Paring-Knife-3-inch-Blade

and this
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Urban-Trapper-Knife--28798
PPS: I must admit to being HIGHLY promiscuous of late (knife wise) carrying all manner of pretty faced temptresses. Lost in a tumult of excess vanadium and other unspeakable alloys.
But when I finally come back to some semblance of reality and grace I come home to my little grail swearing never to roam.

Last edited:
I'd love a western L48B.
Yah ! See . . . now you're talking. Sorta like my grail right ?
That would be a great user !
Is it rare ? Too rare to use ?
My only Western was a little three blade stockman. Lost it. Still pining for it. Totally cool plain carbon blades. Maybe one day I will find another for sale.

Carter Compact Wide FS1. AS/S35C. Forge finish. CF scales w/o liners. Nickel silver pins. I have not seen that specific grail combination as of yet...

Back