What's your most trusted folder ?

For self defense, of course.

I'm really having difficulties in saying which, but here goes : SNG, any of BM axis lock folders, Benchmade/Emerson CQC7 (the discontinued model).

What's yours ?

I don't own a self defense knife. However, like yourself, I do own a Strider SnG.

I'd have too say my Mini Commander just because i can deploy it so fast!

Robert

I "trust" both of my Al Mar SERE 2000 folders, but if I HAD to have one of my folders in my hand "when it hits the fan", I'd want it to be my Cold Steel Vaquero Grande, as it has a 6 inch long WICKED blade and plenty of reach.

I don't really have a folder I carry specifically for self defense, but my most trusted folder would have to be a Sebenza. I don't currently have one though. I had a small plain that I had to sell but I'm getting a small classic wood inlay for Christmas from my wife. I've just never found a knife that I like as much and that feels so solid. They are absolutly reliable.

I havn't yet been able to handle a Strider folder, if I did and was wanting a SD knife, then the SNG would be high on my list. Looks like a great folder for hard use.

For now though, I'll be sticking with my Sebbie.

just got an amphibian at a great price, manual pe, have looked at and handled a lot of knives in last few months, for the money(what you can buy them for on the forum and other than retail )would be hard to beat

if i can get the lock-up on my commander fixed than that would be the one, but other wise i trust my LCC the most right now

I have a few that are very solid;

#1 would be my Socom Elite with the excellent microbar lock that is fitted perfectly.
#2 a REKAT carnivour with their rolling lock.
#3 would go to my plain edge clip point TOPS thunder hawke with a very strong and also perfectly fitted liner, I think the Tops folders are probibly the most underrated tactical folders on the market,I love this knife and wish it got the attention it deserves!
I would also inclued almost any one of my Benchmade Axis locks,Microtech LCC or MOD knives I have, my favorite being the Tempest.

my favs are as follows:

*Emerson Specwar CQC8

*cammilus cuda maxx dagger

*Crawford Perfigo and Kasper fighter

greg

Most trusted for self defense?

1.ER MPC it's a lockback so I trust it over all other locking systems
2.Chinook it's a lockback so I trust it over all other locking systems
3.Srider SnG framelock

Stay sharp

Brownie

I don't carry one for self-defense, I would go for a small fixed if that were my intent.

As far as the folder I trust to never fail, I'd have to go with the Extrema Ratio M.P.C.

Spyderco SS Police. I wouldn't consider it a hard use folder but it's definitely my most trusted. After Xmas hopefully I'll have the cash for a Chinook or maybe ER Fulcrum, then my reply may change.

I don't really carry a knife with sd in mind but the knives I carry would fulfill that requirement.......IF I could do my part!:eek:

The knife I would trust the most would have to be my large Evolution framelock from John W. Smith. The framelock on this one is absolutely perfect. The spring tension is tight enough to prevent you from accidently pushing the frame out of the way. To push the frame you have to PUSH the frame.

I also switch off with a Camillus Cuda Maxx which I also trust as the framelock is also a great fit.

Back