What's your most trusted folder ?

I'd say my SOG X-ray vision since I've carried it around the most and can deploy it the fastests. But since I got my Ayoob I think that over time this will become my SD folder since I love the shape of it. And an honorable mention for my chinook I 'cause it just scares away people :)

My large regular plain left hand Sebenza. Why? For more reasons than I care to itemize.:eek: :cool: :) ;) :p

Matriarch. Light weight, left or right hand carry, scary looking, excellent slasher, lockback, relatively cheap, easy to carry, easy to hide. Designed and built for self-defense with limited need for training. Second choice is the harpy/merlin. It's got some EDC uses and is "more legal".

A folder for self defense... I guess I'd use one of my balisongs, but I'd use it like a Kubaton(sp?) first not as a knife. A quick hammerfist to the nose, eyebrow, ribs, hip, jaw, or kidneys with the tang of my bm42 would probably be rather disabling. If SD was my first priority, I'd carry a fixed blade, that would be the fastest and most dependable knife I'd think.

Camillus Aftermath

The Camillus Maxx Bowie comes in a very close second place, but I have come to prefer the Aftermath's grip and I've always been a fan of recurves. Despite its good looks, the Aftermath is a very tough knife with one of the strongest locks I've ever seen. It is relatively light for its size, which makes it very quick. With the double guards, plus everything else, this is a serious fixed blade fighter that you can carry in your pocket.

--Bob Q

Classification-wise I think folder reliability is determined by physical engineering of the lock it self.

Therefore, reliability should be ranked from highest to lowest in the following fashion:

(1) Balisongs or butterfly
(2) Lockback
(3) Axis-lock
(4) Frame-lock
(5) Liner Lock

Convenience and construction quality will vary in every category across different makers and manufacturers.

If I had to use a folder for self defense...
My top pick is my Benchmade 550 Griptilian.
Second choice is my Spyderco FRN Endura.

Happy hunting,
Allen.

WELL, I dont believe in violence against other men under any circumstances, I have someone whom I serve, who will defend me according to his word. Does this mean I will never be harmed or killed absolutly not, but I trust my Lord and his will be done in my life, whatever the circumstances. JESUS CHRIST KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS Repent and give your life to him today and you wont worry about self defense, But Loving with the Love of GOD. 1 Corinthians 13 all of it.
GOD BLESS ALL
That being said as for knives I like for cutting or skinning purposes my Black Kasper, Spyderco C63 chinook, Cammillus dominator are all fine the kasper stand out though.
Thanks

Trust in the lord, everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them or there could be trouble in paradise shortly.

My way of thinking is the aggressors are the ones who need the lord on their side if and when the party begins.;)

Brownie

Boker Advanced Tactical Folder with flipper to aid in opeing. Kershaw Ken Onion assisted Boa

Benchmade 42SSC.

I don't think there isn't anything(SD wise) those 4.25 inches of D2 couldn't handle. That and I don't have to worry about lock failure.

-Random

Back